1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Measure Moisture

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Jerry, I know you live in Florida which has a high humidity level ( I know from having a condo in Naples for years) I had the same problem when I lived there so I am guessing that it is humidity related. I now live in the Northwest which has very little humidity and do not have that problem

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

some people put one of those various sheets of laundry softner paper= like bounce in the powder tube to counter the static electricity

I have used that and it works

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS even without measuring the level of moisture- you have to realize that powder is metered through those bushings by size and not weight- so weight really doesnt matter

Likewise if you really did care= you can figure out the change in weight from the summer to the fall= etc by weighing the same volumne of charge and what you are going to find is that it hardly changes and the reason for that is because we are not dealing with a horribly absorbant material anyway

3. quartering

quartering Active Member

you can go to home depot and get a moisture meter for house plants for about 10 bucks. dirt. gun powder. what's the difference? good luck with it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.