1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Meaningful Action

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by trapperwads, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

During his emotional comments on the Conneticut school tragedy,President Obama urged meaningful action in wake of this and other shooting incidents and stated that politics should not get in the way. This is a political statement in itself because I don't think anyone beleives he will not use this to further his efforts on behalf of more gun control.If Obama and others like "get out of the way theres a TV camera" Chuckie Schumer argue agaist the theory that the presence of an honest citizen with a gun that could prevent or minimalize such mass murders then I respectfully suggest that there is not need for armed secret service protection for him and his family and that could save the taxpayers some expense in regard to our out of control government spending. ed nichols

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Obama does not want politics to get in the way because he wants no opposition to his gun ban plans.

3. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Time for every gun owner to join the NRA if they really care about their rights to own firearms to include double barreled shotguns. The only way the Dems will lose this is for at least half of 80 million gun owning homes to actually voice their opinion through the most effective pro-gun lobby in the world.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

According to Ben Shapiro: “Connecticut has some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the country, and it seems that the shooter obtained his guns legally.”

So if stricter gun laws did nothing to prevent this shooting, what is left to be done? We can either arm our teachers, like Israel, or we can take off our blinders and stare the root problem right in the face. We are a rotting culture. We have walked so far away from our moral beginnings that we can no longer see where we started. It is not guns that are the problem; it is the decomposing moral fiber of our nation.

That says it all. 20 years ago we started drugging problem children so the teachers could have it easy. Now those who were drugged are coming into adulthood and ostensibly not taking the chemical straight jacket any more.

"How do you like me now?

The feces is in the rotary oscillator.

HM

5. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

This will not force Gun Control the Assult Weapon wasnt even used it was in the car! I do not consider myself a Liberal or Conservative but on this issue i know i will fight tooth and nail against and more control on Facebook and everywhere else it appauls me to think at this the most time of greiving they would even bring it up !CH was right from my clucthed hands!

6. oz

oz Active Member

the shooter DID NOT obtain his guns legally. he stole them from his mother and shot her in the face to death. being 20 years old he could not own a handgun. He was apparently mentally deficient. Not allowed to own a gun. I worked in an elementary school till I retired. This shooting hurts a lot. The government needs to do something about the mental health issues first. Murders are kicked out of jail early (good behavior) to save money. Nuts are let out of institutions to save money. The campus police at the University of Rhode Island are STILL not allowed to carry weapons even though they are qualified. Lots of juveniles on city streets carry (and use) guns. They just buy guns from someone who stole them. Our attorney general allows guns to be sold illegally, Police officers get killed with these guns and the attorney general is apparently ABOVE THE LAW.

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

oz I wouldn't doubt his mother bought the guns for her little darling because he wanted them and threw a tantrum because she wouldn't buy them so instead of doing what was right, not to buy her brain dead kid the guns, she did and he killed her and the others with them

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

What the left thinks as Meaningful....

joepotosky_2008_030367.jpg

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yeah that pic is what the anti-gunners believe is "compromise".

10. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Here's a thought for the Antis, do away with gun free zones! The gun free zones are getting unarmed people killed! Guns are not the evil, deminted PEOPLE are. Just a thought. Jake

11. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

We need to push the fact that more adults and students loose their lives on buses than with guns. The buses need to be closed down.

Obama wants to shut down the US citizens to take control.

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

During WWII, America was seen by our enemies as a "gun" country. Both the Germans and the Japaneze felt an invasion would be catastrophic due to the armed populace. When the old Russia callapsed, and documents were finally made public from the old regime, even they feared a homeland invasion of the US would be futile due to the armed occupants.

My old man brought his gun on the school bus and left it there so he could hunt on the way home. The driver would drop him and neighbor boys off at the corner. Everyone had a groundhog gun in their car when I was in school. There were predator and nuisance contest for points. You brought in a tail, head, or entire critter in for points.

Proportionally we have as many guns now as we did then. But, we have twice as many nuts now, loose morals, no ethics, fractured families, and little respect for other people.

The people have changed, not the bullet.

13. crusha

crusha TS Member

A couple of great points have been made above. The type of gun used in this shooting has been available for over a HUNDRED YEARS. The guns haven't changed. People have, and that's where we must focus our efforts.

Specifically, on the kids who, as halfmile puts it, are drugged and have a "chemical straightjacket" on to make it easier for the school system. What happens to these kids when they reach adulthood? When they quit taking their meds? Our ability to develop and prescribe drugs has outpaced our ability to deal effectively with "personnel problems."

I look forward to hearing more information about this shooter. And how he got into that school. When LOCKDOWN doesn't happen until after shooting starts, you just sacrificed 20 children.

People bitch about having to take their shoes off at the airport, and all the homeland security loafers. But - there haven't been any more 9-11s, yet. We have to learn from these things and stay vigilant. Accepting that schools are the new front line in this fight is the first step.

14. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

It is being reported that the perpetrator shot his way into the school. He owns the label 'perpetrator'.

"and it seems that the shooter obtained his guns legally.” This is not true, on several points of law. Bad judgement on the mother's part without a doubt, to allow these items-in this family situation. "Bad judgement" is entirely too weak a term to apply here.

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

There's more speculating going on in this forum than with the news media.

16. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

slowdrip "We need to push the fact that more adults and students loose their lives on buses than with guns. The buses need to be closed down" you are joking arent you? I am sure quoting you in the newspaper will help in gun control-- A typical gun owner stated this position "...."

Buzz gun- what are you talking about? Lockdown? The school was locked. So much for your contribution to school security. Obviously that is why you arent in charge of these things- But saying bad things about the people that gave their lives to slow this progression of death does not help anyone. But saying that not locking down the school caused 20 children deaths is beyond stupidity. Maybe we should quote you in the newspapers as well

Regards from Iowa

Gene

17. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

One Dollar Bill...The news media is now saying the AR15 Bushmaster was the murder weapon. Bloomberg was screaming gun control on one of the news shows this morning. The New York mayor imposed 16 ounce sodas in his city apparently not smart enough to realize his subjects can buy more than one 16 ounce soda if they wish. One other point...most of us here are shooters and gun owners so it makes little sense to sound our horns to each other...we must get the message out to non gun owners and sell our talking points...I refer you to another thread on this forumn entitled "Columbine father has this message." maybe the most powerful message ever on this forumn. ed nichols

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Bureaucrats. Leave them in charge and it will be screwed up.

All the new schools we built have a lovely GLASS vestibule at the main entry.

My grandma could break the glass with her cain. We (our construction team) have always questioned the "security" of these vestibules. Hell, half the schools don't even lock the doors. "it would never happen in our school" seams to be the mindset.

The vestibules should be masonry with a view screen, but that would look like hell. The Architects, School boards, superintendants, and bureaucrats want to build an architectural orgasm. a monument unto themselves!

And get rid of those damn wood interior doors!!

19. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be easier to just fence in the whole property with razor wire and all with mechanical gates and card reader. Maybe a toll reader system. Be easier, cheaper, and maybe a little less sterile for the kids, than building the schools like a prison.

20. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Halfmile,

Surely in jest you think "Chuck U Schumer" is a camera junkie. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.