1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Meadow Industries Sight Blinders

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

What are your opinions of the Meadow Industries Sight Blinders? Do they help you or not?

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

They certainly do not hinder. A good product that if installed with a little care can last indefinitely. It's not entirely a cure for crossfiring but I found it to be beneficial.

Robert

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I have one on my gun. It didn't totally fix the issue but it does help some with my cross firing issue.
    [​IMG]

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I believe that Kay Ohye, Phil Kiner and Harlan Campbell all have them on their guns so they must not be too bad. I use the Uni-Dot hooded fiber optic front bead which has the same functional purpose of preventing my off shoulder eye from seeing the bead.

5. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

I have made my own for pennies. Cut one out of an old plastic gift card (Starbucks), heat to bend, paint flat black and use double sided tape to put it on the rib. Easy peasy.

Pat

6. schockstrap

schockstrap Active Member

It's a fine product and I'm sure it helps some people, but you won't know if you're one of them unless you try it out. They're cheap enough, and they come off easily if you find it doesn't help you.

I bought one and was never able to shoot well with it... It did its job perfectly -- my left eye could not see the bead with it in place. What happened to me is that I would start getting a "flash" image of the sight blinder when my left eye took over. I only shot with it for about 500 targets, so maybe not enough of a chance, but that split-second view of the sight blinder would confuse my brain enough to trigger my left arm to yank the foreend down to see the target better (i.e., flinch). So it wasn't effective for me, and I ended up removing it and going in the direction of eye exercises to help with cross-firing.

--Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

meadow industries sight-blinder

midway meadow industries sight blinder