1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Meadow Industies Vari-Brite Sight - Anyone use it?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Dog Dad, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

I have just back into trap after a many year layoff. I've always shot trap with one eye, but I want to give the two eyes a chance. I'm a right-handed shooter and right eye dominant, well nine times out of ten anyway. I have a dot on my left lens now, but I would like to eliminate it. I realize there's a learning curve involved and my scores will drop. Anyone had any experience, good or bad, with the Vari-Brite Sight or blinder or could you recommend something else. I'm open to all suggestions.

-=Mike=-

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have a Vari-Brite II on my field gun but for trapshooting I use the smaller diameter 2 mm size Uni-Dot P200. I have a problem with occasional crossfiring and I'm convinced that the Uni-Dot has bought me more years as a two eyed shooter. I admit that I am now wearing a patch of tape on my left lens for bird hunting.

3. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I have the Vari-Brite-Site II & III on all my competition guns.

I have a weak dominate eye, I always see 2 barrels when focusing on the target. So this has helped me from the get go. No more mystery misses on left to right birds. With the channel blocking the off eye only the right eye sees the fiber optic rod. The channel rather than a tube was necessary on couple of flat shooting barrels that I had to raise the comb a lot so I was looking down on the rib, a tube would have blocked the glow rod.

The bright fiber optic rod has helped me to not bead check. You don't have to wonder where the bead is...it's glowing out there so there is no need to look for or at it.

Now if your mental focus is so weak that you are distracted by the glow rod, this is not for you.

Jason

4. skipsor

skipsor Member

I use the plain crossfire blinder and it works great for me. It has completely stopped my dominant eye from taking over. Scores are up 4-5 birds per round with it.

Go for it.

5. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I like the blinder only,the bright bead is distracting and too easy too focus on.Jerry

6. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

Thanks for the info!

Mike

7. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I use the light pipe sights on all of my guns. I like the one that has a half tube that prevents your off hand eye from taking over. I also have used the blade type blinder with good success.

8. brownk80

brownk80 Member

I have been using them on all my competition guns (trap, skeet, SC) for the past 5 or 6 years and they work great. You just have to decide which color works best for you on which gun. I use red on my single barrel, green on my O/U's. Don't ask why because I couldn't tell you but I have tried every single combination and this is the one that works for me. After you shoot them a little you will not be looking at your bead because you don't have to, the end of the barrel is there in you peripheral vision. People who claim they look at it I think look at their other beads as well they just don't realize it or they haven't shot with the Varibrite enough to learn to use it correctly...like anything else you have to learn to use it correctly. Really helped me cure a shifting dominant eye problem a few years ago and now I just like them cause' it really helps you set up each time you shoot. Try it, you will like it.

Brownk80

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.