1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mdl 31 rem trigger

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ross, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

getting arthritus in trigger finger, thinking of trying release anyone have an extra? thanks in advance,& merry christmas ross puls

2. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Hi Ross,
    Remington made 3 triggers for a Mod 31 make sure you get the right one. I have a release in my Mod 32 it is a steel trigger I have considered selling it if so would make a deal if they are the same. I do not know anyone that makes one any more and it will be hard to find one it took me 2 years good luck.
    Buddy

3. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

The two triggers for the M31 are usable in any M31 of the same gage. Buddy, your M32 trigger is not usable in a M31....the M31 is a slide action model.

Buz

4. 333t

333t Member

The early 31's had a small trigger guard and the later ones (called the 41 series) had a larger trigger guard that extends back into the stock a little further. These two versions of the 31 trigger are not interchangeable. I believe the small guards were all made of steel but not absolutely sure of this. The 41 version was made of steel and some were alloy or aluminum for the 31L (lightweight). For shooting trap I believe the all steel assembly would be preferable with the added weight and durability.

Phil

5. kgunner

kgunner TS Member

The "large" trigger can be converted to release but don't know anyone who does it anymore. The "small" trigger cannot be safely converted to release as the disconnecter must be removed and the gun can fire even though the bolt is not closed. Even at his peak, "Slim" Spear would not make a release trigger out of a "small" assembly. Only "small" release I ever saw belonged to Vic Reinders and it was made many years ago by a Milwaukee Gunsmith named Sam Taggert who has long since gone to the trap range in the sky.

6. OLD ONE EYE

I made a error I typed 32 when I wanted 31 here are pics of my trigger it is a release steel is it a 41 series?? I never knew Vic Reinders shot a release his Model 31 is famous. Is this the small assembly ?
    <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

7. ole 31

ole 31 TS Member

that is the long one. 12ga's above 42000 serial number had the long ones

8. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

many thanks to old one eye & ole 31 your info & pics helped as i was uncertain which assembly i had. i would have emailed each of you but no address came through i'm new at this computer thing so maybe i just don't know where to look.hope you both reread this thread & get my thanks ross puls

9. OLD ONE EYE

Ross my e mail is above if you need any more amateur information over the years I collected a lot of trivia but this site has filled in many gaps.

I can't express how much I like this site the help afforded me plus the classified stuff has taken my daughters college funds to a new low. I plan on winning the Vernal UT calcutta to replace it before the wife finds out.
    Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.