1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mdl. 12 pistol grip caps

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by powderburn, Aug 30, 2013.

1. powderburn

powderburn Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Anderson, IN
    Hi all,
    I recently bought a 1960 mdl. 12 and I just love it. It is nothing fancy, but hasn't been shot alot. I saw on the web a fella by the name of Bill Mains who does hand engraving and does absolutley beautiful work. He has quite an impressive past and history doing work for Ithaca and Colt several years ago. I JUST sent him an email on what I have and want, haven't heard back yet, and was wondering if any of you fellas or ladies have had work done by Bill, and if he is reasonable on price. His work is "old school" all done by hand, and knowing that, I hope I can afford him to do a pistol grip cap for me. BTW, it is so good to be in the mdl. 12 family of shooters. I hope (and want) to shoot doubles in ATA with that thing someday and hang in there with the big boys. boomchickchickboom! -powderburn
  2. sasquach

sasquach Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Mr. Mains passed recently.
  3. CROY1990

CROY1990 Member

Jan 10, 2012
    I'm sorry powderburn but Bill passed away last year. He was a great engraver and there are a lot of shooters that he did work for.