1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MDL 12 HELP More Info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by southjblue, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I'm looking to buy a (Y) mdl 12 MINT but I can't get it together---I have been trying everything I know but something must be out of adjustment---I have two other 12s and they go back in seconds---Any ideas appreciated---George

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

3. woodym12

woodym12 TS Member

What is the gun doin?The tube not goin in? Can you post some pics?

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

What I/m trying to say is that the gun I am thinking about buying won't go together---Everythings lines up but when I try to engage the slid with the bolt,the bolt moves back towards the stock and the slide won't engage the bolt.
    Don't know any other way to try and explain---Ideas please---George

5. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

What has happened is that there is a small lock that pivots on the left side
    of your bolt. This can wear and not lock the bolt in place as you take gun
    apart. (The slide is suppose to move this into lock as you disassemble)
    Follow Sterlinworth's advice by holding bolt ahead and up. If you remove
    the trigger assy. it is easy to take a small screwdriver on the left side of
    the bolt and pivot lock into place and assemble gun. This does not hurt any
    operation while shooting. If you disassemble gun alot, have a gunsmith repair.
    Good Luck, Gary Owen

6. fishguts

fishguts Member

Teddy34 is correct, and take note that he said these parts can wear. So my advice would be to ask another M12 shooter what he thinks of the mechanics of the gun you want to buy. There may be an indication of worn parts,etc.

In my humble experience I have seen and handled many M12's from the "Y" seies that have had various mechanical problems. This also seems to be the gun that game shooters favor and many of them have had them tinkered with. Again, just my humble opinion.

Wayne

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Wayne---Thanks---This gun is nxt to new---no ware---Just can't close it and now I have it closed and can't release the bolt---Just going crazy---Any ideas on how to relese bolt will help---Thanks---George

8. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

WA-LA Sterlingworth was right and Gary at Quintin was right on---Had to hold the bolt in tight and slide went in----Thanks to all----George

9. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Sterlingworth---Got it back and all is O.K.----Thanks---To all---George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.