1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

McCains best vp choice?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kolared person, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolared person

kolared person TS Member

Who should president McCain select as his VP? What about Liberman? He appears to be a middle of the road guy with a lot of experience.

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Duncan Hunter, he has the best conservative record.

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

How about JC Watts!

TB

4. Ertz

Ertz Member

What about Tron?

5. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

The only way McCain will get my vote is with a REAL conservative as a running mate. That way we can hope that the old dude dies after the election and prior to inauguration day. There are several I’d like to see.

Hunter, Tancredo, JC Watts, JD Hayworth and Michael Steele to name a few. Unfortunately he'll end up picking a liberal Republican like himself, the names on that list include Giuliani and Romney.

God help us we’re in for a bad 8-12yrs.

6. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Nice dontrys, very nice.

7. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Ditto to dontrys.
    As a side note as much as I don't think McCain is anywhere near what I would have hoped for I think he is the best choice to support our troops. On that point I'm afraid he begrudgingly gets my vote.

8. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Rumor has been for a couple years, our governor from minnesota Tim Pawlenty was in line to step up.And his name has been kicked around alot lately even more.

9. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

waterhouselake,

The reason that Huckabee was not on my VP list is simple. Although I think his strengths would make him a good president or VP I think his few weaknesses would not do anything to counter McCain’s major immigration weakness. If you notice from my list these are guys that are major supporters of a border fence and no amnesty. On the other hand Huckabee’s one hint of a weakness was in immigration, so I don’t think he’d be willing to stand up to McCain’s clear plan to grant amnesty to 12mill people the way the others surely would. Then again that’s why McCain will no more pick a true conservative than he’d pick me.

10. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Actually Jeb Bush would make the best running mate but you would never get the Republican party to back another Bush this close to his brothers presidency. In this case you need to win the south, one or two big states and the conservative vote..Mike Huckabee would be the best choice!

Rick

11. boneman

boneman TS Member

I think it should be Waterhouselake the man is a genius I am sure that with his superior intellect he would have this country fixed up in an instant. Really I think it should be Huckabee.Thanks Larry

12. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts Member

rice or christ

13. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

On second thought, after a nice fish dinner, it won't be Rice. To close to the current president. Not that I don't like her, but it would be political suicide for McCain.

14. ink ball

ink ball Member

Colin Powell

15. flylta

flylta TS Member

I hope dontrys is right... I've heard FL Gov. Crist is in the running and rumors down here say Huckabee, (who I voted for) is also in the running but...

Rice kills everything the Dems are try in B*&%h and Obama deal. I wish she or Powell would run for the top job. I'd vote for either.

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Whoever it is will be just another hand puppet.

HM

18. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

JC Watts would be a good one. He would be cast by the Dems (and Obama's Pastor) as an Uncle Tom and a "token black". He is more to the right than McCain, but that's what McCain needs to get support from us conservatives. He's also younger blood and not part of the "old boys club" At least he would heva something to add to the party than the "token Black guy" the Dems have.

Another black would be Wayne Perryman. I watched him on C-SPIN the other night, WOW!, this is a guy I could listen too for a long time. He has authored a couple of books...."Unveiling the Whole Truth" and "Unfounded Loyalty", (two books I plan on reading real soon). He is an independant, but gives a good history on both parties. 1)How the Dem party was the party who fought to keep the blacks as slaves for 150 yrs...including today. And how the Republican party was started solely...to stop slavery.

Anyway, anyone see McCain on H&C on Fox News the other night? I wanted to throw a chair through the TV. He is not a friend of the Repblican party. You could see Hannity getting worked up by the lame answers McCain was giving, and McCain was turning red because of the questionig. What a piece of shit!!

Doug

19. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

There has been recent rumor of Collin Powell being selected...If that is the case the GOP will not lose with that ticket!

20. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

won't vote for condi deckart? Are you both sexist AND racist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.