1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

McCain wins Florida

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bisi, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

The news is reporting McCain won the Florida primary. That makes 3 state primaries he has won NH, SC, and now FL. What in the h*ll are those people thinking?

McCain in probably the only Republican I won't vote for. I still don't think he will be the nominee. The rest of the field: Romney, Huckabee, Paul, and the mayor from NYC are splitting up the conservative vote.

If McCain is the nominee I will vote Libertarian.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I am damn sick and tired of hearing this crap. WE'RE not de facto voting for a Democrat - the idiots who voted for repugnant LIBERAL ANTI-GUN Republicans are the ones you need to be blaming.

I (and others) have said it before, and I'll say it again:

I WILL NOT VOTE FOR AN ANTI-GUNNER.

And BTW, we're not the ones prostituting our vote by voting for someone we don't believe in.

3. Brian in Oregon

That's pretty funny, because if you vote for McCain, YOU ARE VOTING FOR A DEMOCRAT.

What part of LIBERAL ANTI-GUNNER do you not understand?

4. Brian in Oregon

Condescending? You dare use that word after telling those voting third party that they're voting Democrat? LOL.

The choice for many of us is simple. You either vote for a pro-gunner, or you vote for an anti-gunner. I see no difference between McCain and Hillary.

I will not compromise my Second Amendment rights by voting for a proven anti-gunner who jammed gun registration down my throat. If you want to reward such treachery, well, that's your decision if you don't want to stand on principle. But you certainly don't have a leg to stand on by telling us we're voting Democrat. Especially when it comes to a de facto Democrat like McCain.

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Do any of us see Mitt as a better choice than McCain? Do any of us really think Huck still has a chance? Just curious....Bob Dodd

6. Brian in Oregon

Romney is another anti-gun Democrat in disguise.

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

You gots mail Sir Chas....Bob Dodd

8. Brian in Oregon

My stand on McCain is simple. McCain came to Oregon and rammed gun registration down our throats. He had no business coming to Oregon. He just wanted to establish his "moderate" (ie liberal) credentials. So we got a gunshow loophole ballot initiative rammed through that also included a state police database of all firearm transfers going through an FFL.

I will not ever vote for McCain. And there are a lot of Oregon gunowners who feel the same way. He piled up bad karma here faster than a train wreck.

And yes, getting Democrats in office is a price we've had to pay to try to get the GOP to understand we gunowners aren't taking it anymore, and they cannot take our votes for granted. Gunowners in Oregon have managed to help scuttle at least three anti-gun Republicans running for governor. The GOP realy needs to wake up to what's important to their base, not what's important to the liberals they're pandering to. Our votes are not going to reward someone who pisses down our backs and tells us it's raining.

If Republicans here don't like that, then I suggest you get VERY vocal with the GOP and RNC to help make them understand THEY are the ones dividing the party, not us.

Sadly, after 30 years as a Republican, I'm probably going to change to an independent or possibly Libertarian. I'm fed up and I'm not taking it anymore. 2008 is my last straw for the GOP.

9. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

When the New York Times backs a Republican candidate, I can't vote for him. Check out the above web site. J.Woolsey

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Stupidity knows no boundries.....

Curt

11. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

If McCain wins, I won't bother voting. It makes zero difference between McCain and Hillary.

12. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that is what the election process has become. One has to choose between the lesser of 2 evils. John McCain is slightly more liberal than "W". That being said; what does one do? Vote for "Joe Blow" on the Independent or Libertarian ticket? "Joe Blow" has no chance and we all know it. (At least not now) Maybe someday people will get fed up with both parties and elect an independent. I for one given the choice will vote for McCain over Hillary. I am hoping McCain would at least nominate a decent replacement for John Paul Stevens on the court. Remember Clinton's appointment of Ruth Bader Ginsberg, (ACLU director) on the court? She was hand picked by Hillarious. Either way you will have to live with an anti-gunner. I can't see voting for Hillary no matter what. AND if you vote Libertarian or don't vote at all; you are still voting for Hillary! I agree, it is a sad situation that is getting worse.. Ed

13. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The media soooo desperately wants McCain to get the nomination. This will be another 1994, where Bob Dole was so "loved" by the media.

Romney or Huck, or I'll suck it up and ride the Democrat roller-coaster for the next 4 yrs. I will not vote for McCain. I will vote for any Republican for the congress. Having Republican majority representation against a Hillary office would be our only salvation.

14. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I understand all these remarks about the GOP and McCain - BUT, what the heck do we do if it's Hillary vs. McCain? Are we going to "show them" and not vote? Are we going to vote for the Dem just cuz we hate McCain so much? Are we going to vote for an independent which is the the same as not voting? Do we want Hillary (rating of F) or a McCain (at least a rating of D)? I read above all the what we/you won't do but I don't see any last resort what you will do when faced with the choice.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

15. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

God help us all ....

My guy is already gone anyway -- Thompson was the real deal.

I guess I'll have to hold my nose while voting McCain

16. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Guys,guys; now stop being Chicken Little. The Neo-con supreme court is going to decide what people means in the Bill of Rights. If they rule you and me, than most gun laws will not stand. However if Dubya's court decides people mean the politicians, power mongers,police and military, then we are SCREWED: Mike

17. bgf

bgf Active Member

Sorry to say that McCain is my state Senator.

I do not buy into my none vote (Independent) is a vote for the Dems. Yes it will not help the GOP but who gives a rats arse.

You will have two Libs running for the White House. Which one is the lesser of the two evils...(Hillary/McCain)... in this case neither one. I can hold my head up high and say I did not HELP either one become President.

SO DON'T TELL ME I AM WASTING MY VOTE.......

Now...if Mitt gets the nod, I will rethink my position. He is not perfect but IS a better choice then Clinton,Obama or McCain.

Bernie

18. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Folks,
    This presidential election is all about the Supreme Court. Ginsberg is reportedly in poor health, and Stevens is in his 80's.

McCain has pledged to appoint conservative justices to the court. I don't know if he will or not; but you can bet that Mrs. Clinton or Mr. Obama will NOT.

As far as I know, "Dubya's court" has ruled on the side of limited government. All four conservative justices dissented on the Keloe decision.

19. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

McCain is de man, come November you will know. There is no other choice. FD

20. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

What is McCain's stance on gun issues? Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.