1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

!!--McCain Suspends Campaign--!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gold E, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Foxnews.com

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/24/mccain-suspends-campaign-to-help-with-bailout/

2. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

The man has guts and courage, how refreshing.

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I really dislike it that Obama refuses to postpone the debate so that the issues on our current-day financial crisis can be addressed. Even though I was aligned with McCain, I was trying to remain open and listen to Obama's ideas, too. Not anymore. I really disrespect him for this last move.

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Watch Nobama and the libs spin this. It looks like "Country First" is not just a slogan or sound bite for ONE in this election.

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Obama is saying it was "his idea" as he called first, although he never reached anyone at the McCain campaign. Said McCain returned his call. Doing the blame game. Still trying to take credit for it. If he thought it was needed why didn't he call his press conference. Man, this guy is FULL of it.

6. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Right. We need his help like we need the Keating 5 crooks and more of McCain's deregulation.

Actually it may be just his excuse to put a cork in S.P. and stop the bleeding.

His campaign was really suspended last Spring when he got chummy with W.

Why would he want to call attention to another national financial mess at wall street on top of a record federal deficit, rising inflation, dollar devaluation, bank failures and massive unemployment, all under a Republican administration? Whoever is running his campaign is an idiot.

We all agree there is a need to change the dipper. I want a different baby.

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

McCain leads, Obama follows.

8. nipper

nipper TS Member

i was informed he needed a few naps before debating

bill

9. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Why should Obama cancel the debate ... McCain is going back to Washington to help fix what his party let happen in the first place.

Change is needed in our gooberment and maybe a change of political party is what is needed ... McCain wanted the debates now let him honor his word and have the debate. Its a couple hour flight to the debate from Washington and a couple hour flight back ... he could make a big grandstand appearance and let everyone know that he just flew in from Washington to honor his commitment and will be leaving for Washington directly after the debate because of ... well ... he is just scared to debate the next President of the United States.

Maybe he should have Miss Palin step in for him since she refers to him as her running mate.

What an interesting political time we live in ... we will have a new President but I honestly do not know which is worse than the other ... neither of them are worth there weight in #8 shot.

10. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Thats okay nipper, I am almost half of McCain's age and I need naps before shooting trap let alone a debate. I like to be refreshed going out on the line anywhere. Nevertheless, I like the fact that he is willing to suspend his campaign knowing that there would be people who say it was just way to avoid a debate with Obama. I think it goes a long way to show he serves this country rather than it serves him. He and Dick Gephardt tried to introduce legislation that would have helped stop the mess we are in but most other Washington politicians didn't want to deal with it back in 2005. Johnny Mac tries to be part of the solution rather than the problem, and thats worth my vote.

11. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"well ... he is just scared to debate the next President of the United States."

And how many carrier landings have you done?

12. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I am so glad the debate is being postponed by McCain. I sure hope they go the whole way and suspend any debates between Palin and Biden as well. I mean, McCain and Obama stopping all the campaigning and running to Washington to participate in meetings with lots of other Senators and treasury folks and administration folks will sure fix us all right up. I imagine Berananke and Paulson are waiting with baited breath for a non-partisan bunch of Senators to figure a way out of this mess. (And just think what insight Palin could add! She has been in charge of the budget in Alaska for a whole 18 months! Hope she gets to be on the committee too.) Yep, suspending the debate, and indeed the whole campaign, will sure get it done.

Now if I were cynical, I might think that McCain doesn't want to go toe to toe with Obama taking open questions on an extremely complex subject from the press in front of a huge audience of Americans. I might think he wants to hide from the press the same way the campaign has had Sarah Palin hide (since taking open questions is not fair). I might think that both McCain and Palin feel they might be unprepared and/or unable to think on their feet. I might think this was purely a political move to claim he was above the campaign while avoiding sitting in the hot seat. I mean, let's form a committee and study it.

If I were cynical.

13. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

What a stupid spin. To suggest that McCain is heading to Washington because he’s “afraid” to debate Obama displays ignorance. I doubt that there are many things that scare him.

The financial stability of our country is being challenged and our leaders are being called on to look for workable answers. McCain is simply doing what he has been hired to do; he’s answering that call.

In the end, I’ll bet there will be enough blame to spread a layer on both sides of the aisle.

14. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

This country is bleeding to death, he should go help stop the bleeding. The campaign is not that important right now. I like his loyalty but he proved that years ago in Viet Nam.

15. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

"well ... he is just scared to debate the next President of the United States."

LMAO, Yep, that will scare you more than that guy with the bamboo stick that is about to beat you just enough to keep you alive. So he can come back tomorrow and beat you AGAIN. Yep, that debate would be REALLY scarey.

Compared to the EASY "discussions" he had with that guy holding the stick I guess this debate thing has him all rattled.

Mabe obama can ask MR.McCain if he wants to quit and go home early. Oh, that's right, we all know the answer he gave to that question.

41 more days newbus, 41 days. Just can't believe it went down the crapper can ya? LOL

AJ100

16. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

this thread got 3 of the dipsh$$s out bet we can get more, go for it dumbocraps rick

17. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

I am very sorry I missed one- jackoff- I had to go out and piss on the osoma sign rick

18. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

He'd be better served laying low and sending Sarah out to do the campaigning until election day. Every time he opens his mouth I have to remind myself that the surrender monkey is even worse.

19. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Why should Obama quit the campaign to try to work with the Senate to solve some of our problems. He has been a Senator for 3 years. And 2 of those years he has devoted to running for the Presidency. After all one year of experience is all such an intelligent man should need. Give us a break. - Jim

20. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Obama said that "if the neeeded him that they could give him a call." Hilarious.

Obviously, he doesn't think they need him or he would get his butt to Washington.

What some of you are missing is that the President that is going to have to live with whatever program is put in place is going to be either McCain or Obama.

If I were McCain I would want to be right in the middle of getting that program put together, not to just score a few political points, but because I would expect to be dealing with it come January. Either Obama doesn't care what they do or he doesn't expect to ever have to deal with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.