1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

McCain Starts Kicking Butt; Finally!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

From John McCain:

"Senator Obama has accused me of opposing regulation to avert this crisis. I guess he believes if a lie is big enough and repeated often enough it will be believed. But the truth is I was the one who called at the time for tighter restrictions on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac that could have helped prevent this crisis from happening in the first place.

Senator Obama was silent on the regulation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and his Democratic allies in Congress opposed every effort to rein them in. As recently as September of last year he said that subprime loans had been, quote, “a good idea.” Well, Senator Obama, that “good idea” has now plunged this country into the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.

To hear him talk now, you’d think he’d always opposed the dangerous practices at these institutions. But there is absolutely nothing in his record to suggest he did. He was surely familiar with the people who were creating this problem. The executives of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have advised him, and he has taken their money for his campaign. He has received more money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac than any other senator in history, with the exception of the chairman of the committee overseeing them. Did he ever talk to the executives at Fannie and Freddie about these reckless loans? Did he ever discuss with them the stronger oversight I proposed? If Senator Obama is such a champion of financial regulation, why didn’t he support these regulations that could have prevented this crisis in the first place? He won’t tell you, but you deserve an answer.

opponent has invited serious questioning by announcing a few weeks ago that he would quote -- “take off the gloves.” Since then, whenever I have questioned his policies or his record, he has called me a liar.

Rather than answer his critics, Senator Obama will try to distract you from noticing that he never answers the serious and legitimate questions he has been asked. But let me reply in the plainest terms I know. I don’t need lessons about telling the truth to American people. And were I ever to need any improvement in that regard, I probably wouldn’t seek advice from a Chicago politician.

My opponent’s touchiness every time he is questioned about his record should make us only more concerned. For a guy who’s already authored two memoirs, he’s not exactly an open book. It’s as if somehow the usual rules don’t apply, and where other candidates have to explain themselves and their records, Senator Obama seems to think he is above all that. Whatever the question, whatever the issue, there’s always a back story with Senator Obama. All people want to know is: What has this man ever actually accomplished in government? What does he plan for America? In short: Who is the real Barack Obama? But ask such questions and all you get in response is another barrage of angry insults."

Now watch the MSM call him a Racist.

2. perga1

perga1 Active Member

He's doing it right now on FNC.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I notice that Obama kind of sticks his chin out in a confrontational manner most of the time when he speaks.

Most of his counterparts shake their index finger the same way.

McCain is too soft spoken, only intelligent people get it. Because they listen.

And think, too.

HM

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Sarah is showing him the way to "grow a pair". WTG John. McCain also brought up how barry is not reporting those who "gave under $200". I will say that the majority, will be shown, of this money may have come from foreign "investors".

Jim

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Wow. Amazing. A new tactic by the Republicans. Wonder where they came up with that idea?

Remember the "polls" conducted by the W team when McCain was winning the primaries in 2000 and needed to be stopped. South Carolina was key.

W's fake "pollsters" made thousands of calls and asked McCain supporters if they would be more or less likely to vote for McCain if they knew he had fathered an illegitimate child who was black. That doesn't go over well in the south. (McCain and his wife adopted their daughter, Bridget, who Cindy found at Mother Theresa's orphanage in Bangladesh, brought her to the United States for medical treatment, and ultimately adopted her. Bridget has dark skin.) http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2004/03/21/the_anatomy_of_a_smear_campaign/

Gee I wonder what is next. I imagine they can get more miles out of those William Ayers and Reverend Wright items. Sean Hannity where are you?

6. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Behind (or in front of) every good man, is a good woman.

7. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

John McCain needs to stop pussy footing around and get plumb dog mean in dealing with Barack Obama. We have less than thirty days before the general election and he is slipping further and further in the poles. McCain needs to focus on Obama's past voting record and his associations with the likes of Reverend Wright and William Ayers.

McCains political commercials need to be attacking Obama on every front. If he doesn't get off his stoll and start fighting Barack Obama is going to beat him.

Rick Brohmer

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There are some very good points in the initial message, Obama avoids answering questions like a Chicago Politician but hey thats what he is ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

"Vote Early and Vote Often" ... "McCain/Palin 2008"

9. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Obama will be our President. Do you guys really think McCain won't continue to pull us down the Republican toilet like Bush has for the last eight years. Obama is right McCain is out of touch along with the rest of you.

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

The Boston Globe? Why not use the National Enquirer for a reference. Sheesh.

11. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

it's too late for mcsame.(and that stupid palin)

12. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

fearlessfain, are you saying that he has it won even if his real past is exposed? The media has protected him.......so far.

13. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

DoveC, Which media has protected him. I mean, you watch Fox news as your primary source, right? Does Fox protect Obama? How bout your heroes Hannity and Rush and Ollie North and OReilly, have they protected him? Which of these sources have "protected" him? Jake

14. truthseeker

truthseeker Member

I still cannot believe people on gun sites are voting for Obama. He WILL do everything he can to take your guns away (no lead in ammo, make new laws against hand guns, make laws against rifles, etc...).

Wake up you guys!! We just had the case with Heller stating that we HAVE a roght to bear arms and now you guys want to vote for a guy who will take them back.

Think real hard about where this money for health care, illegals, special interest groups programs is going to come from MORE TAXES!!

That means the economy will NOT recover!!!!!

15. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

jackaroo, You must be kidding. I don't even watch Fox. I don't like to watch ABC, NBC, or CBS because they are so lib slanted. When will ABC run a special on Barry's college buddies, his granny, how he got to be a millionaire on a "Community organizer's" salary? How did he buy his big house? His association with the supposed radicals? Haven't seen a thing on this from the big three, yet I see them digging McCain with insinuations constantly. I also agree with truthseeker.

16. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

DC, He got to be a millionaire by writing books. A fairly well known method among high profile politicians.

I do have a question for you though. Based on what you said above, do you watch any news regularly? And, if you don't watch Fox or ABC or NBC or CBS then how are you so sure what they do and don't show? Just wondering. Jake

17. zinger

zinger Member

I don't know any college students who can afford trips around the world and then go on to Harvard as *poor* as "he" wants us to believe he was.

18. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

IMHO...if McCain doesn't really get down and rough, he has little chance...too little time left.

Last question of debate was "What don't you know?" Perfect opportunity to say...Don't know who this mystery man Obama really is...is he this or that??? And go into the big deal about hid associations...etc. puablo

19. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Paublo, That would have been a dandy answer. Especially to the last question with no chance for Obama to respond. And the theater! An opportunity missed.

20. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Let's not forget his friends...an a whole lot more of them, like Ayers, Resko, all the Acorn affiliation, etc...Puablo
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.