1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

McCain running mate??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Frank C, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I guess we will know who he picks tomorrow.....what do you think??
    Pawlenty, Ridge, Romney, Lieberman?? Pawlenty who?? Tom Ridge, an ex Bushie....Lieberman, a Democrat?? How will THAT help, the Conserrvatives won't vote for him, and his own party hates him.... maybe some middle of the roaders would? accept Lieberman??? Romney....maybe his best bet......will help him win Michigan anyway.....

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Governor Pawlenty grew up in South St. Paul, Minnesota. The only child in his family to graduate from college, he attended the University of Minnesota (B.A., J.D.) and practiced law in the private sector. His public service career includes serving as a city councilmember and ten-year member of the Minnesota House of Representatives, including four years as House Majority Leader.

As Governor, he has balanced Minnesota's budget three times without raising taxes, despite facing record budget deficits. Governor Pawlenty's most notable accomplishments include proposing and signing into law significant new benefits for veterans and members of the military; enacting a property tax cap, eliminating the marriage penalty and cutting taxes; toughening the state's education standards; reforming the way teachers are paid through a nation-leading performance pay plan; instituting free-market health care reforms that increase accountability and provide tax credits to encourage the use of health savings accounts; and implementing a plan to Americanize our energy sources by generating 25% of the state's electricity from renewable sources by 2025.

3. Frank C

OK, he seems like a nice enough guy.....who will follow McCain down to defeat....I fear...Do you REALLY think that most Americans whom have never heard of him (Pawlenty) will take the time to find out who he is??? I certainly don't.....they certainly haven't done it for Hussein Obammy

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Frank,

People vote for the top of the ticket. A VP candidate can sometimes tip a close state. Pawlenty can tip MN.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Will it be male or female? HMB

6. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I heard a guy the other night say McCain should ask Condoleeza Rice to run as his mate and then ask LeBron James to be his Sec State. Then McCain needs to act as a match maker for the 2 and guarantee Republicans run things for a long time.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

If McCain does select me to be his running mate, I will have to decline. I plan to be shooting at Middletown during the campaign and will be shooting in Florida in January when the new VP is moving into his office. Besides, I have been to Washington DC many times and I always get lost. How would it look to the public if the VP couldn't even find his way from home to his office? Our country does not need another VP who is lost.

Pat Ireland

8. oz

oz Active Member

I wish he could get colin powel then it would be a slam dunk, oops make that 100 straight. oz

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

oz- Do you honestly think Colin Powell would be a better choice than Neil Winston?

Pat Ireland

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Tom Ridge would probably be the best one for gun owners. While governor of Pennsylvania, he formed the Sportsmen's Advisory Board, a committee populated by residents who were die-hard outdoors folks to keep him abreast of their wants and needs. The committee chairman, Vern Ross, went on to head up the Pennsylvania Game Commission after Ridge went to Washington.

When he ran for his second term, a common sight was an orange bumper sticker that said, "Sportsmen for Ridge."

Ed

11. Frank C

OK, all good answers.....but whether Ridge would be good for Sportsman, or Colin Powell might be someones dream candidate, or a woman.....If Pawlenty can tip Minnesota....Romney could tip Michigan that has MORE E.Votes than Mn.(17-10), and maybe even tip Mass.

Come on, think like a political strategist, not with your heart. You have heard (maybe) Obammies "Fried Chicken in every pot" and "I will lower taxes" speech....we should all be very afraid as McCain is NOT making headlines....the liberal press is screwing us.....

12. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

M I T T R O M N E Y ....

1.) the guy will wipe the floor with Biden's transplanted hair in a debate.
    2.) he has executive experience with a track record of sucess.
    3.) he can deliver Michigan and maybe get some New England voters.

Personally, I would have rather had the ticket as Thompson/Romney but we all know how that worked out. I think that as long as McCain does not shoot himself in the foot, it could be like the 1972 election again. Obama is a joke of a candidate and should be easy to take down.

13. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

Latest word is that Pawlenty is definitely NOT the one, that from the governor himself. Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska is apparently a possibility; Tom Ridge, while he could be very valuable in the cabinet, would likely be an electoral disaster, as he is pro-choice and that would cost McCain many, many votes.

We shall have to wait and see, I guess.

Tony

14. JOND

JOND TS Member

Maybe Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin? JOND

15. nipper

nipper TS Member

i heard he picked mickey mouse??

bill

16. thunder

thunder Active Member

Sarah Palin would be the best bet. She is smart, she hunts, fishes wants to drill for oil and would bring the women's vote. Hopeful the Republicians would have enough guts to do it. We should know today, we can only hope.

Andy

17. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Sara Palin - my choice. He needs a woman or black person to win

18. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

CNBC has just confirmed that Gov Palin it is.

Eric

19. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Fox News confirms from McCain campaign officials, that Governor Palin will be his VP choice.

Smart move, may persuade lots of women to vote. She could get some prime executive experience. I could go for her in 2016, or 2012 if McCain wins and decides not to go for a second term.

Best,
    Dennis

20. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Gutsy pick for McCain. She brings a lot of conservatism to the ticket.

She has a son in Iraq.

She has a Downs' Syndrome child. Don't know the severity, but it adds quite a burden and challenges to the family.

Admirable mom. Pro life. Pro gun. Believes marriage is between Bill and Mary, not Bill and Bob.

I think the so-called glass ceiling just fell in.

Down side? Maybe her lack of total executive experience; only two years as governor. No foreign policy experience, but that's what the President and Secretary of State are supposed to be doing.

Best,
    Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.