1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

McCain, our only hope

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pass103, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

The right wing spits venom at McCain for his occasional drifts from strict conservative orthodoxy, but it is this maverick nature that the general public likes and admires. The GOP must either support McCain or watch the Democrats take both the White House and the Capitol in November. Don't waste your vote! Fowl Frank

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

As there certainly isn't anything "Republican or Conservative" about Hillary or Obama; what does one do? (They are all for open borders, to include the guy that's in there now). One of them is going to be president. I maintain that one should place a clothespin over their nose and vote for the RINO. Makes one gag, I know. But Hillary or Obama as president will surely be the countries downfall. At least McCain is strong on defense and pro-life. Ed

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

"How did he get this far"? His help from the media and the Good ol' boys, because it is "his turn". The media likes him because they feel that either of the other can beat him. He has too many quotes that will divide the voters and will put one of the others in. :(

4. esoxhunter

Ducks: If Barack "Hussein" Obama, (acknowledged as the most liberal of all 100 senators) wins the Democrat nomination; you will support him?? McCain may be liberal; but he is "Jesse Helms" compared to Obama! There are some differences here. Think about it. Obama is more liberal than Boxer, Feinstein, Dodd, Durbin, Schumer, Feingold, Teddy Kennedy and on and on. You can't make this up!! I have no use for McCain; but look at the alternative. All the bad qualities you can bring up about McCain are shared by Obama AND Hillary. So it's a "wash" there. Again, McCain still supports our military and I sure don't want Obama and/or Hillary in control when the terrorists start their next invasion. Of course Obama will probably appoint Dennis Kucinich as Secretary of Defense. No matter who gets the nod; our borders will be open to everyone. Comforting isn't it?

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what we need. Open borders and gun control.

Pardon me while I go hurl.

I'm going back to voting Libertarian. I want no part of what's going to happen here.

HM

6. Hauser

Hauser Member

devilsadvocate

McCains remarks about being in the middle east were set against our past history of having a military presents in other countries.

Europe and Japan 58 years.

Korea 50+ years.

Bosnia 10+ years.

One other item. While I'm not necessary for McCain this country is not going to deport the estimated 11 to 20 million illegals.

Jerry Hauser

7. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

Maybe I didn't make myself clear, we have 2 options McCain or one of the democrats, do not throw your vote away. Fowl Frank

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

What a sad state, to have to pick amoung those three.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

shot410ga- You don't have the choice of picking from the three options you suggested. Not voting is exactly the same thing as voting for the Democrat candidate.

Pat Ireland

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I wrote on another thread that McCain would be the only Republican I couldn't support. The Democratic alternative is looking like Barack the most liberal senator. I don't know if I can stand by and let either Barack or Hillary become commander in chief. We are between a rock and a hard place.

I'm lucky I live in Indiana. It almost always votes for the Republican for president. I didn't vote for Bush in 2000 or 2004. I voted for the Libertarian candidate knowing the Democrats didn't have a chance of carrying Indiana. I'll vote Libertarian again this year for president and the Republican in the house race.

Now if Hillary is the nominee and selects Indiana Senator Evan Bayh as her running mate (which is rumored) and it looks like Indiana might go Democrat then I might have to vote McCain.

11. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Message for all the neo-cons: Rush really wants to get a dem in office. Could he be a Dem plant for all this time? Since Rush hates McCain, who does he want you to vote for? No one. He wants you to stay home and sulk. Or vote for a no-win third party. McCain is your only hope. End of discussion.

12. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

CharlesR1100, Rush wants us to elect house and senate Republicans. I have never heard him say - stay home.

13. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

What happens if knowone votes??? I cant see just voting to vote ,bad choice either way

14. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

The right wing spits venom at McCain for his occasional drifts from strict conservative orthodoxy, but it is this maverick nature that the general public likes and admires. The GOP must either support McCain or watch the Democrats take both the White House and the Capitol in November. Don't waste your vote! Fowl Frank

15. esoxhunter

As there certainly isn't anything "Republican or Conservative" about Hillary or Obama; what does one do? (They are all for open borders, to include the guy that's in there now). One of them is going to be president. I maintain that one should place a clothespin over their nose and vote for the RINO. Makes one gag, I know. But Hillary or Obama as president will surely be the countries downfall. At least McCain is strong on defense and pro-life. Ed

16. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

"How did he get this far"? His help from the media and the Good ol' boys, because it is "his turn". The media likes him because they feel that either of the other can beat him. He has too many quotes that will divide the voters and will put one of the others in. :(

17. esoxhunter

Ducks: If Barack "Hussein" Obama, (acknowledged as the most liberal of all 100 senators) wins the Democrat nomination; you will support him?? McCain may be liberal; but he is "Jesse Helms" compared to Obama! There are some differences here. Think about it. Obama is more liberal than Boxer, Feinstein, Dodd, Durbin, Schumer, Feingold, Teddy Kennedy and on and on. You can't make this up!! I have no use for McCain; but look at the alternative. All the bad qualities you can bring up about McCain are shared by Obama AND Hillary. So it's a "wash" there. Again, McCain still supports our military and I sure don't want Obama and/or Hillary in control when the terrorists start their next invasion. Of course Obama will probably appoint Dennis Kucinich as Secretary of Defense. No matter who gets the nod; our borders will be open to everyone. Comforting isn't it?

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what we need. Open borders and gun control.

Pardon me while I go hurl.

I'm going back to voting Libertarian. I want no part of what's going to happen here.

HM

19. Hauser

Hauser Member

devilsadvocate

McCains remarks about being in the middle east were set against our past history of having a military presents in other countries.

Europe and Japan 58 years.

Korea 50+ years.

Bosnia 10+ years.

One other item. While I'm not necessary for McCain this country is not going to deport the estimated 11 to 20 million illegals.

Jerry Hauser

20. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

Maybe I didn't make myself clear, we have 2 options McCain or one of the democrats, do not throw your vote away. Fowl Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.