1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

McCain On Nuclear Power Ship?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trappy12, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Alright, well we all know that he was on the Forrestal. Now, my uncle too was on the Forrestal, and I know that it was not nuclear powered. Anyone know what ship he was on that was nuclear powered?
    -Trappy

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

i dont think he meant he served on a nuclear powered ship, a lot of people have been on a nuclear powered ship. trappy at least your watching important tv.

bill

3. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

No, he definitely said that he has served on nuclear powered ships. It was also definitely plural.
    -Trappy

4. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Senator McCain served on USS Enterprise, flying A-1 Skyraiders, during the early 1960's. He then moved on to A-4's, which he was flying when USS Forrestal caught fire. He subsequently volunteered to serve on a squadron on USS Oriskany, and was shot down over North Vietnam while assigned there.

I was in the US Navy Reserve in 1973, and at Norfolk for training duty, when Cdr McCain was released. We were attending firefighting school with one of Cdr McCain's fellow officers from USS Forrestal. He narrated the video from the 1967 fire, and was near tears when he found out Cmdr McCain was released. Quite an emotional week.

Dennis

5. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Trappy check here. Seems there are quite a few nuc powered ships.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:United_States_Navy_nuclear_ships

6. Laudygirl

Laudygirl TS Member

I did not hear Sen. Obama say how he served his country?

7. spritc

spritc Active Member

Laudy, Osama served as a community organizer, one of the most important ways to serve our nation, not!

Steve

8. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

I thought I was behind McCain all the way, but after the debate last nite I'm convinced we have the wrong people running. It SHOULD have been Romney and Hillary! (And I can't stand Hillary!) Did you hear him beat around the bush about the expensive "entitlements" he will have to look at because they are too expensive for the government? He is going to cut medicare and SOCIAL SECURITY benefits! He has mentioned it before also, indirectly! We should have had a smart business man in there like Romney. Who cares if he is a Mormon? So what! We have two bad choices running! I respect McCain for his military roots and service, and thats about it! I really think he is starting to lose it - he would start talking about one thing, then go off in another direction completely. I feel sorry for him.

9. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Seems like there's always a "he's going to cut social security benefits!" story about a month before every election, as far back as I remember. Fact is, the rumor is true no matter who wins the election. Social Security cannot be sustained without major cuts in benefits or ruinous tax increases. Us Baby Boomers will reveal Social Security for the house of cards it really has become.

But Washington doesn't talk about that a month before the big election. The voters might notice.

Sucks, but that's the truth of it.

10. atashooter

atashooter Member

Yep, The "USS Holy Crap We're Screwed"

11. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Trappy13, you had better check your shoes. I think you stepped in it again.

AJ100

12. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Sen. Obama does indeed serve his country. He works 1 out of 3 years but gets paid for all 3. Quite commendable. But then what more can you ask and/or expect. - Jim

13. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

wishIwerestr8,

"Understand this. You are hopelessly uneducated, unread, naive, and ignorant; and your intransigence borders on insanity. You put together oxymoronic arguments from unrelated statements, and expect everyone agree with you because you like to throw around buzzwords like "rich", "elite", and any other digs at those who are more successful than you. You are unable to present a coherent argument supporting any position you get from the sundry liberal blog, and your posts are typical of those who have no understanding of what really underpins economics, markets, and logical, systemic thinking.

From Dennis and I.

Or is it Me and dennis?

AJ100

14. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

AJ, Correct is "from Dennis and me." The way you figure it is to drop the other person and check. So its "from me" not "from I."

Course, on this particular site, one might want to speak in vernacular.

Happy to help out. Jake

15. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I thank you Sir Jake.

And wishhewerestr8 also thanks you.

AJ100

16. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Yeah, stopping street violence and keeping kids of drugs, and taking those who would otherwise be involved with gangs into respectable, functioning members of society, is not respectable. There are other ways to serve a country than military service.
    -Trappy

17. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Guess he didn't listen to his own anti-drug lectures.

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Just HOW did he keep kids off of drugs, and take anyone into respectable, functioning member of society?? Just curious....

19. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

The country would sure be in a hell-of-a-shape if we didn't have somebody "organizing" all those disorganized communities. Certainly a noble way to serve ones country?

John C. Saubak

20. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Community Service Hall of Fame: Al Sharpton, Jessie jackson, and soon to be inducted, Barrack Hussien Obama...wait, doesn't he need to be a US citizen to run for the Presidency? Damn, now just where did I put my birth certificate??? Funny how a Democrat Senator is suing the Obama campaign for proof...lol.

Laudy, welcome to TS.com...have you ever shot a gun? Were still waiting for proof that 2str8, Cheesy, and a few other "new shooters". Lol...hold on, maybe you are all on the MoveOn.Org Trap Team? AA shells funded by Soros of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.