1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

McCain is Kaput

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 635 G, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I hope I'm wrong, the stock mkt & our economy has just tanked, the Dow -750, our dysfunfunctional congress has just handed the election to Obama on a silver plate

Lou

2. BMC

BMC Member

I believe Lou was insinuating that citizens will view this as another Bush failure and want "change" in the form of "please do something to help me". Sad but probably true.

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I tend to agree ... but ya never know ... maybe McCain might possibly be able to pull this one out if Palin can clean her record up and help him out.

4. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

People want change? Two years ago voters gave control of both houses of congress to the democrats. Two years ago gasoline was around $2.00 per gallon, today it's $3.50 per gallon. Two years ago the Dow was around 14,000, today it's 10,300 and change. How much more "change" can you stand?

Buz

5. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

What would be the possibility of Big Mac riding into Washington on a white horse and delivering the vote on the bill? If Nancy Pelosi hasn't screwed up the whole election yet, that is!!!

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Not necessarily folks.....take a look at why the Bailout failed at this juncture...

One of the main reasons is that the dem's keep the excessive salaries for the exec's with no culpability....and from the emails, etc., that the legislators have received from their respective state's expressing a NO to the Bill.

Even with Pelosi's ranting & badmouthing, it's obvious the american taxpayer wants no bailout....and that's my opinion too, but I disgress!

The stock market tanked today because the rotten bastards on Wall St. were expecting a handout and didn't get one, so it's a sell day with plenty of Bulls waiting in the wings to buy when the time is right.

All this mess (most of it contrived) will straighten itself out without a federal bailout. Bad loans were made to a bunch of "NINJA's" and now the banker's want the taxpayer's to pay for their reckless behavior? I think not!

Curt

7. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Buz, you seem to think this problem was created or not solved two years ago? How come when times were good under Clinton, it was Ron Reagan and George H. Bush's administrations that were creating the good times. When G.W.'s administrations had woes it was Clinton's fault. Bush had a republican controlled congress for 6 years of his administration . . . what happened? The problem is both parties the Democrats and the Republicans and their greed for power and lobbyist money have infected common sense and true American values. Every incumbent needs a pink slip, and I intend to my part in November to give everyone of them just that regardless of party affiliation. John E.

8. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Curt, I am with you on the executives not getting to keep their outrageous salaries. Let them pay for their own screw up, and let the overindulgent consumer pay for it too before the taxpayer who lives within their means does. John E.

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just wait till every other auto dealer is out of business, they have no money for inventories or payroll. Just wait till there are no student loans are available. But all is not lost I'll still have my trap guns & I'll b e able to pay close to $250.00/ per weekend shooting. Just wait till the gov't declares every mortage in default public housing. When this failed bill trickles down to main street, real Americans will say WHY didn't you tell us the facts. The facts are not important when we are never given the truth. We're not infants. Let the American public know what path the country is on. It will scare them straight. To hell with both parties they just screwed the country.

Lou

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The population wants and needs a common old shoe next time. They want the good ole boys on the big corp payroll to go away. I think McCain and Palin are the only answer to that so I am not worried that Obama will beat him.

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I'm a Republican & we've just become the party of Hoover , Hawley & smoot all over again. Get ready for the great depression II, all over again. The mkt will lose another 2000 pts unless a bill is passed this week. The clock is ticking, we're on heart support & congress wants to go on a coffee break. We're in deep poop & I mean it. Does any one know how many people shot trap after 1929.

Lou

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Hey Lou, I seen this coming but a lot of folks on here denied it because it was " doom and gloom" I think you are right and I dont think the bailout bill would stop it anyway, just prolong it. We are in deep deep do do but it didnt just happen so it aint gonna go away quick. There has to be an adjustment. Hell they may change the money?? It could happen

13. crusha

crusha TS Member

Sportshot, I'm proud too...amen!

14. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

McCain was taking credit for pushing the bill through in the Morning! In the afternoon he was blaming Obama. The truth is that the Reps didn't follow McCain or the President. McCain is dead meat, if his party doesn't support him how can he expect the American public to? Palin draws big crowds but MaCain is afraid to let her campaign because of her total lack of experience! She told Katie that she would get back to her on tha answer to a rather basic question.............get back to her! Our you kidding.........Get back to her!

15. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

"Non Shooter"glasses as usual you are full of it! McCain suspended his campaign to try and help broker passage of the bill. You hero HUSSIEN "closet muslim" Obama woudn't take 5 minutes because he is too busy being his usual sel serviung self! As for Palin She has more expericence in her little finger than your BOY the Daley street puppet has in his whole body! Just think in a few weeks you liberal Bloggers can go back to moveon.org and let the REAL trap shooters have some peace.

16. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

shooter101, 36 days and obama is a footnote. Funny thing is, there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. You can cast your vote for that empty suit, do nothing, street organizer, but it will all be in vain.

36 days until John McCain is YOUR next President.

Hurts your eyes to even read it doesn't it? Imagine what your stomach is going to feel like come the morning of Nov.5th.

AJ100

17. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Shooter you are just exactly correct. Slide Action I'll have to think about what you said and I'll have to get back to you on that.:) Yes we are in a world of hurt and of course it's all the democrats fault. Right!!!!!!!!!!!!Have the rest of you noticed that the rest of the world is now dropping like a bad habit when their markets open. I know that when we catch cold the rest of the world comes down with double pneumonia. I'm from an area that is insulated from the bad loan areas. I know our directives to the reps and our two senators have been to not accept the bail out plan. I also think we will have to do something or there will be hundreds of banks that will go belly up. Seems like every time a bank goes down all those that loose money will vote for the democrats the next election. What do you guys think? Dan

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

There is definitely something chickenshit about all the voices blaming the problem on the Bush administration, when it actually was caused (mostly) by the bank deregulation of the previous administration.''

I guess they think we the people are stupid.

Are we?

HM

19. BMC

BMC Member

I wonder how the Rockefellers are making out in all this?

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Lou, quote: <i>"But all is not lost I'll still have my trap guns & I'll b e able to pay close to $250.00/ per weekend shooting."</i><br>
    <br>
    You think Obama will allow you to own your .72 caliber assault weapon? Why, it's even bigger than a .50 caliber!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.