1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mc Cains Wife

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TEXASZEPHYR, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Subject: FW: A Lady Proud of Her Country

This is a little bit long but a very good read. I did not check out the snopes link on this but beleive it to be accurate

enjoy
    Bob

and she's got looks too

Cindy McCain...Very Interesting!
    No comparison between her and Obama's wife.

Cindy McCain

Bet you would have never guessed this one! No matter your politics.
    The media will never tell of this, so pass it on.

GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

There was an article in the Wall Street Journal on Cindy McCain, John's wife.
    All I ever saw was this attractive woman standing beside John. I was surprised
    how talented and involved with world problems she is. This is a summary of the article.

She graduated from Southern Cal and was a special-needs
    teacher.

After her Dad died she became involved with his beer distributing firm and is now the chairwoman.
    Sales have doubled since she has taken over from her father.

They have a marriage prenuptial agreement, her assets remain separate.
    She is involved around the world clearing land mines - travels to these
    countries on a detonation team and service on their board.

They have a 19 year old serving in Iraq , another son in the Naval Academy ,
    a daughter recently graduated from Columbia Univ. , an adopted daughter in
    high school, and a son who is the finance guy at the beer firm.

Raised kids in Phoenix , Az. rather than Washington DC . (better
    atmosphere) He commuted.

In 1991, Mrs. McCain came across a girl in an orphanage in Bangladesh .
    Mother Teresa implored Mrs. McCain to take the baby with severe cleft palate.
    She did so without first telling her husband. The couple adopted the girl who has
    had a dozen operations to repair her cleft palate and other medical problems.

They have a Family Foundation for children's causes.

She's active with 'Halo Trust' - to clear land mines, provide water and
    food in war ravaged and developing countries.

She will join an overseas mission of 'Operation Smile', a charity for corrective surgery on children's faces.

She has had two back surgeries and became addicted to pain killers.
    She talks openly about it which she says is part of the recovery process.

I'm surprised the media is so quiet about her attributes. She sounds more
    capable than Hillary or Obama. We would really get two for the price
    of one. A person with business and international experience.
    John did work for the firm for awhile when he left the Navy. She,
    however, has the real business experience. Very interesting.

Cindy McCain--this will surprise you

This is an example all of us should follow. We need to be more hands on than just using our mouth/
    This is an interesting article as not much was known about her. She was on Leno the other night and it was an interesting interview. It turns out that she is a character as she is or has been a race car driver and is also a pilot. She flies John around the country to his rallies. After hearing that about her and reading this I now have a lot of respect for her.
    Election 2008: Cindy Hensley McCain has been disparaged as a trophy wife, a Barbie, an heiress with fancy purses, even the Paris Hilton of politics. But there's more to the picture than meets the eye.

Yes, Mrs. McCain is the perfectly coifed blonde standing dutifully behind the senator during his speeches. And yes, she wears stylish clothing and carries a Prada purse. And it's true she doesn't say much. But feminist critics who write her off as a 'stand-by-your-man' shrinking violet are selling her short. In many ways, Cindy McCain stacks up sturdier than Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama. And she'd make a more impressive first lady.

Mrs. McCain: More than meets the eye.

While Obama's wife has been hating America , complaining about the war and undermining our troops serving in Afghanistan , McCain's wife has been worrying about her sons who actually are fighting or planning to fight in the war on terror. One, in fact, was until a few months ago deployed in Iraq during some of the worst violence.

You don't hear the McCain's talk about it, but their 19-year-old Marine, Jimmy, is preparing for his second tour of duty. Their 21-year-old son, Jack, is poised to graduate from Annapolis and also could join the Marines as a second lieutenant. The couple made the decision not t o draw attention to their sons out of respect for other families with sons and daughters in harm's way.

Cindy also says she doesn't want to risk falling apart on the campaign trail talking about Jimmy who was so young when he enlisted she had to sign consent forms for his medical tests before he could report for duty and potentially upsetting parents of soldiers who are serving or have been killed.

The McCain's want to make sure their boys get no special treatment. Same goes for their five other children, including a daughter they adopted from Bangladesh . During a visit to Mother Teresa's orphanage there, Cindy noticed a dying baby. The orphanage could not provide the medical care needed to save her life. So she brought the child home to America for the surgery she desperately need ed. The baby is now their healthy, 16-year-old daughter, Bridget.

Though all seven McCain children including two Sen. McCain adopted from his first marriage are supportive of their father, they prefer their privacy to the glare of the campaign trail. Another daughter, Meghan, 23, helps him behind the scenes.

Cindy McCain not only cherishes her children, but also her country, which in an election year filled with America-bashing, is a refreshing novelty. She seethed when she heard Michelle Obama's unpatriotic remarks that she only recently grew proud of America . 'I am very proud of my country,' Mrs. McCain asserted.

She also may be tougher than the other women in the race. While Hillary thinks she's come under sniper fire on mission trips abroad, Cindy has actually seen violence. She witnessed a boy get blown up by a mine in Kuwait during a trip with an international group that removes land mines from war-torn countries.

Mrs. McCain also is a hands-on philanthropist. She sits on the board of Operation Smile, which arranges for plastic surgeons to fix cleft palates and other birth defects. She also has helped organize relief missions to Micronesia .

During a scuba-diving vacation to the islands, Mrs. McCain took a friend to a local hospital to have a cut treated. She was shocked, and saddened, by what she saw. 'They opened the door to the OR, where the supplies were, and there were two cats and a whole bunch of rats climbing out of the sterile supplies,' she recalled. 'They had no X-ray machine, no beds. To me, it was devastating because it wa s a U.S. trust territory.' As soon as she returned home, she arranged for medical equipment and teams of doctors to be sent to treat the island children.

Michelle Obama may contribute to CARE, which fights global poverty and works to empower poor women. Cindy sits on its board.

While the Democrat women talk about helping the poor and needy, Cindy McCain actually rolls up her sleeves and does it. Who's the out-of-touch elitist?
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/mccain/cindy.asp

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Deleted - inappropriate language/name calling.

3. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure if that is the same Cindy McCain. However, I do know this, there is only one John McCain and he wasn't using crack with Obama a few years back. He also wasn't sitting for nearly 20 years in a church where the lead pastor was shouting racist crap from the pulpit and at the same time, condemning the US and praising racist anti-semites such as Lewis Farrakhan.

No, the McCain I am thinking about was serving in the US Senate. Oh, I know Obama was too, but his service was for less than 180 days before going on the campaign trail. Shoot, it takes 2800 hours to become a journeyman warehouseman, that's a full year at 40 hours a week. So, how in the hell does that qualify Barrack for POTUS if that isn't even enough to reach journeyman status with the Teamsters?

My moma always said you are known by the company you keep. That doesn't say much for Mr. Obama

4. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

OMGB,
    You bring up the most valid criticism of Obama--his inexperience. It is certainly of great concern for me as an undecided. McCain's wife has no bearing on my vote.

I think you mean 2080 hours of experience.

Walker

5. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Yes, I do mean 2080. My Teamster days were many years ago but I still remember becoming a journeyman that was $15.00 an hour. Big money to a young man with a wife and two kids back in 83.

Obama has almost no national experience and none read that zip as a Chief Exec at the state or city level and some how this guy is going to run the US? Please, folks need to think before they vote. If you had to choose surgeons for a heart by pass would you choose the young handsome guy with lots of energy but zero heart by pass experience (never even in the room) or the older man who had been on the operating team for 10+ years although he had never been the lead surgeon himself. Think about that and then decide who should be our next president.

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Sent to me a few days ago, did not check snopes, but whats going on in Detroit this seem to hold true.

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years.

The first six the economy was fine.

A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.

4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +

5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations o'seas, living large!...

But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress & yep--we got 'CHANGE' all right!.....

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted

2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;

3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);

4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS & prices still dropping;

5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~11,300--$2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!

YEP , IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE!...AND WE SURE AS HELL GOT IT!!!....NOW 'BO', the DEM'S CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT--AND THE POLLS SAY HE'S GONNA BE 'THE MAN'--CLAIMS HE'S GONNA REALLY GIVE US CHANGE!!....JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YA THINK YOU CAN STAND???.....

Flame away... Jerbear

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Deleted - inappropriate language/name calling.

8. BustClays

BustClays Member

It appears that everything went all to pieces when the Dems took over Congress. Just about 2 years ago.

bustclays

9. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

exactly what we need. We are winning the war and Obama wants to quit. Makes no sense. Jerbear your glass always half empty?

10. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Tripod do you really think we are winning the war on terrorism? Or possibly have our actions in Iraq mobilized and motivated vast hordes of aspiring terrorists?

I'm more concerned about the economic terrorism that's taking place right now. I have a feeling we are loosing that one. The Saudis hate the United States but we make them rich because they have what we need. The Saudis religion spawned the Taliban as well as Al Queda yet we kiss their butts.

This oil "thing" is taking us down a very precarious road. I bet that China, who owns a tremendous amount of our debt, will be a very strong player in the World economy sooner than later. Not to our betterment and right under our leaders noses.

"Mission Accomplished" was achieved when we defeated the Iraqi army. The war on terrorism is going strong and accelerating every day.

11. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

So then we should quit? I know some think that Iraq was not a terrorist nation, but there needs to be a place for us to stage this war and Iraq was chosen. Terrorism not going to go away without us kicking the crap out of it. I am convinced that this terrorism thing will be with us for decades and as far as the oil price goes, that a separate issue. Pulling out is a popular solution but it won't solve anything.

12. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Tripod, I completely agree with you that terrorism will be with us for decades but it doesn't come from one nation. It is global in nature. There is no country that is all terrorists. They are radical sects of a world wide religion.

As far as I have researched Iraq was an inappropriate country to attack. Saddam was the arch enemy of Al Queda although, to a limited degree, he probably helped finance terrorism but that too is debatable.

I say that if we weren't dependent of Mid East oil we could totally ignore them. I was delighted when Iraq and Iran were at war, killing each other.

Israel, our real concern in the middle East, has all the means to defend itself if needed.

This war has severely hurt us economically as well as the cost in American lives and the maimed. Frankly I don't think Iraq was worth one American life. The Iraqui leaders, such as they are, are now calling for us to leave. I see let's go, enough is enough.

Jerry

13. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I think Russia is reminding us, those on the left that have forgotten, that we live in a dangerous world. Obama wants to dismantle our military and spend the savings, along with more taxes, to buy more votes for liberal Democrats to make Amercia more "fair". I heard today that the Communist Party of America came out in support of Obama. This America hating, freedom hating, racist shouldn't get a vote. But he will get half of the vote in a country full of voters with their hands out wanting the government to steal from someone else and give it to them. In a perfect world we could split this country down the middle, put liberals on one side and conservatives on the other. But we all know that the left would destroy their half then flood across the border to ruin the other half. But, then again, in a perfect world there would be no freedom hating liberals. If this America hating racist does get elected I would leave myself if not for my family. As is I will have to stay put and watch the country disintegrate further around me. It seems because of the left we are in a race to the bottom. Every year you think it can't get worse but every year it does. Nothing will stop it.

14. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

Highflyer,
    The liberals aren't ruining this country any more than the conservatives are. This nation was founded on a living and breathing concept--a government of the people...

...No one ever said that things would be perfect. The struggle between liberal and conservative values is part of what makes this nation great. Right now, former hippies from the 60's and middle-class, white mid-westerners (their values that is) struggle everyday trying to convince the rest of the populace that their way of thinking is right. In twenty years, when they're all gone, the struggle will be between the nostalgic Reagan-ites and Clintonians.

The truth is, we live in a great nation. Our system isn't perfect, but its the best in the world. I don't fault your right to speak your mind about liberals, I just think you're a terrible person for saying some of things you do.

Walker

15. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Tripod, no it's not. If you look at the big picture though, we send billions of dollars to people that don't like us in fact they want us dead. My take is price a bushel of corn or wheat or any other food we export to these countries at the same price as oil and say to hell with them. They can't eat oil. The big problem in my state is the car companies saw this coming but, chose not to do anything about it. Houses up for auction, record numbers of people being laid off and our Governor that doesn't have a clue. Now we have King Kwame to screw things up and for the tri-county area in MI, the outlook is not good. Hell Kwame is trying to sell off our stake in the Detroit to Windsor Canada tunnel to generate funds to keep the city running. Time to keep our monies in the home land and not be the police of the world. The middle eastern companies are buying up all of our vital assets that may be a national security issue. Just look at the link above. You may wonder just who owns what here in America anymore.

JMHO... Jerbear

16. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

We are definitely more prosperous than we have ever been. Greed hasn't died it has increased. Bigger homes than ever, more new cars than ever, more "stuff" in our houses than ever. We are dying spiritually. You see it in our destroyed families and our bulging prisons. We have lost our way morally. The baby boomers have to be the worst generation of Americans ever. Still far and away the greatest nation on earth, but more a statement about the rest of the world than us. What I said above is true. If you divided the country between conservatives and liberals the liberals would self-destruct. The conservatives would do fine. We don't need liberals, they do need us.

17. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

This post is manifestly the reason people should not bring up political rhetoric on this site.

Curt

18. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

On the plus side my own personal life is the best it has ever been. I have my first grandchild and the next two on the way. My children have all finished college and are happily married. My skeet shooting is the best it has ever been only missing 1 in my last 5 games. I finished second over all in my last sporting clays tournament and recently began shooting trap doubles. Hunting season is just around the corner and I have several good dogs ready along with my brand new Garmin astro collars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.