1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Maybe we dont need new trap clubs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by awbenz, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

A new Gun Club is being built in Burtrun Texas between Burtrum and Liberty Hill Texas on Highway 29. They are putting in 1000 yd rifle range, skeet and Trap. Poring trap sidewalks today. They wanted to know what was required to hold ATA and Texas Trap Shoots, number of traps, RV spots, etc. I called everyone I know of at ATA and TTA and NO responce from anyone. Allen

2. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Surely someone checked into all that before they spent the money to build it.

But, start with the rule book. All you really need is a legal trap field and someone willing to do the paperwork. I think a state officer has to observe that the trap is capable of throwing legal targets.

EE

3. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

to visit website www.texasshootingrange.com.

4. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

$10 a round for members would sure put a crimp in my shooting budget. I can't imagine what 100 registered targets would cost.

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The ATA does two things and does them very well .

The ATA takes your due,s

The ATA Ignores it,s members . Not real sure about the first one .

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

$10 to use the rifle range if you are a member. Good luck with that!

7. EE

EE Banned User Banned

I just took a look at the prices. Maybe they ARE ignorant enough to build the place without bothering to find out what it takes to run a shoot.

And, good point, tanda1. At $12 per 25 for practice for non-members, a registered shoot would have to be in the $55-60 per event range, even without trophies. What a crock of $h*t. That's double what the Grand American costs.

EE

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"They wanted to know what was required to hold ATA and Texas Trap Shoots, number of traps, RV spots, etc. I called everyone I know of at ATA and TTA and NO responce from anyone."

I can't believe that you didn't refer them to the web address above(http://www.texastrap.com/ the state of Texas own Trap association.

Rich219

"$10 to use the rifle range if you are a member. Good luck with that!"

Ya right Rich I don't know why anyone would require a member to pay his share of the expenses when all he does use the club. The fact that every round of Trap or Skeet shot by a member costs that member $10 why should the Rifle/Pistol shooter pay any more than their dues per year? The dues for Trap shooters is the same plus $10 around. Good luck with requiring those members to pay in addition to their dues.

Bob Lawless

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Irrespective of the pricing...

The minimum requirements are one trap field built to ATA specifications. A sanctioned event must be approved and unless things in Texas are done differently than Illinois, an "event" must have 3 ATA members minimum.

After application to hold shoots, I believe the ATA will send an "affidavit" to the club for completion attesting the traps used, incorporate an interrupter (sic?) device to alter the oscillation of the trap.

regards,

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.