1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

May we all try a different Christmas message?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by soundaround, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundaround

soundaround Member

I notice that Pat Ireland's passing thread has had over 10,000 views and over 300 comments.

I notice that the world of trapshooters.com continues to see odd posts of strange thoughts, off-color rants and discussions that appear to the outsider as if those who are participating (that is "some" clay target enthusiasts) are dumb and dumber.

I notice that there are other clay target enthusiasts that are brimming with joy in their new guns and the excitement of a new sport and that they are anxious for validation and help

I notice that it is Christmas and soon to be a New Year

A Christmas wish for all: Enjoy your family, your friends, your love of life and your passion for this sport. Make resolutions for 2011 to be grand in spirit, compassionate for the less fortunate, and helpful to those in need. Offer assistance as you can, do no harm, fulfill the mission, and realize that the sport is bigger than any one of us.

Peace and good will to all

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I love your message. Merry Christmas.

3. soundaround

soundaround Member

Thanks to Jon and recurvyarcher for your thoughts...Merry Christmas

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

TS.Com is typically what a trapshooting club house would be like but available to all of us, not everyone talks about targets all day long even when they are at the club ... There are many diverse discussions going on most of the time from who's cow has freshened to someone who took sick and is hospitalized for one reason or another and the list goes on and on besides playing cards ... I don't think TS.Com is as bad as some people think it is, but thats strictly subjective anyway ... There is one in every crowd, the bigger the crowd the more of them ... Thats just the way it goes ... Merry Christmas (insert what applys) and Happy New Year to all of the TS.Com family ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

P.S.
    Think of how boring this site would be if only trapshoooting was discussed on here ...

5. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

WPT - I don't think it would be boring at all. I disagree. And there are a multitude of political sites on the w.w.w. if I want to read them. Jack Farrow

6. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Soundaround: Great Message. I'm adding Pat's family to my Christmas thoughts while I'm with my family on Saturday. Dave T.

7. soundaround

soundaround Member

WPT, at the risk of doing what I was actually put off by, and I don't mean to add to or detract from anyone's personal view on TS.com, I was trying to reflect on this subject from the point of view of someone who may be new to the site.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the off topic light-hearted jokes, recipes, pictures, etc. that are part of a club's ambience. On the other hand, we have all had the experience of being subjected to a "puffed up someone" that we can't wait to get away from. I was being hopeful that when it comes to the things that are posted on this site that may tear down or detract from what I consider to be one of the more uplifting experiences in my life on an ongoing basis, that some may think twice before posting the negativity or arguments that appear to only be self-satisfying.

Just hoping for a little more circumspection so that we don't lose anyone that helps to keep this sport so much fun and expanding...

Merry Christmas again to all -- Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.