1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

May switch to Promo from Titewad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by striper, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

Last year I got a heck of a deal on 16 lbs of Titewad. I have now used it up but just read about Promo. Thinking about saving the few bucks now that Obama has screwed up my market money:) Do not like loads over 1150,shoot mod 12 and have lots of 1 1/8 wads to use so can anyone recommend good loads. I use AA and Remington hulls with Win Primers and Downrange wads. TY striper

2. below 0

below 0 TS Member

Promo loads basicily the same as Red Dot. Use the charts for Red dot and you will be in good shape. WHY...Would you go to Promo after useing Titewad? Titewad is MUCH cleaner and a great powder for the money. Dale

3. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I would only use promo if someone in Idaho sold it. It does not make sense to mail order + haz mat fee when you can go down town and get red dot.

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

Dueces,
    Go to a major shoot and get all the Promo you want for less than $75 a jug.

I actually got some at $69 at a shoot last year.

I do not see any advantage to Red Dot and I save about $150 a year using Promo. YMMV

Don Verna

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Striper, an STS or Gun Club hull, STS or W209 primer, 18gr Promo, Rem Fig-8 or DRM Fig-8 clone and 1 1/8oz hard shot makes a magnificent load. Alliant rates this at 9200psi and 1145fps. It works every bit as well as Red Dot, and at &65/8lb vs. $85/8lb it is a no brainer. For some reason Hodgdon powders sell for between $98 and $109/8lb around here, so switching to Promo would save a bundle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.