1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

May have to give up shooting

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 1100 classic trap shooter, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1100 classic trap shooter

1100 classic trap shooter TS Member

Just got back into trap after not shooting for 4 years. I love the sport and was gonna get serious about it. Planned on getting coaching and going to the big shoots. Problem is every time I am exposed to loud noises my left ear has a full sensation. I always wear ear plugs and or muffs. The times it happened before have cleared up, but this time it was been over 2 weeks and I still have the full feeling (like my ear needs to pop). Hope it is not permanent, I have seen doctors about it before with no help. Guess I will go tommorow when I am off work and see if they can help me.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you find you cannot shoot on a trap field anymore, even with ear plugs, don't give up shooting completely. You can switch to quieter guns. Especially if your state allows suppressors. These are photos of my 10-22 and Buckmark, each pic with my AAC Aviator suppressor mounted. I am in the process of doing the federal paperwork for two more suppressors for other calibers. These are very useful for anyone with hearing damage (I have severe tinitus). I primarily use my suppressor for hunting, where I do not like to wear ear protection (I want to hear vehicle noises, other people, leaves rustling, etc.).

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Give the electronic muffs a try. A lot is at stake here so whatever works.

HM

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Is it possible your hearing protection (plugs or muffs) is causing the problem and not the noise?

5. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Being half-deaf....I always wear BOTH....foam inserts AND ear muffs....IT WORKS!

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

As above, use both...

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

See a Dr!!!...you might have an inner ear/sinus problem...my brother had to have a tiny tube put in his and that cured his problem ..it was agony to shoot or fly with him due to pain and pressure...don't give up until you see a professional

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.