1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

** MAY BE GIVING THIS GAME UP **

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nicky, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicky

nicky Member

Don't know for sure yet but currently negotiating a career change. I was involed in NASCAR from 1995 to 2002 and was asked to consider a position with a team in the NASCAR Nationwide series (formerly the Busch series). If I do I'm not moving everything. Have approx. 158 flats a mixture of STS, Gun Clubs, Rio's, Federal Gold Metal, and Top Gun. Have approx. $32.00/$36.00 average per flat in them. If I liquidate I'm not looking to profit just pass on a good deal. I'll keep you posted on what I decide.

Kevin

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Kevin I will take all of them. Where are you located??
    Don

3. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

My thoughts....The hooks are set..!!!! Start reeling.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Nicky ... if that happens I could be in the Boig to snag some of what your getting rid of if not a very large amount. Keep me in mind my friend ... keep me in mind. I might even be in the Boig next weekend but I'm not sure yet.

BTW ... can ya get me tickets to a race? Maybe some pit passes if ya make the change?

5. nicky

nicky Member

No bait Jack. My wife and I have a lot to think about this next month. We disbanded our team in 2002 due to the cost of trying to compete against the budget's of the larger multi car teams. We funded alot of our budget by building chassis's and body's of the smaller Cup and Busch teams ie. Dave Marcus, Martin Truex when in the Busch North and so on. The c/o owner / driver of our team moved to Mooresville N.C. and just recently left a position at Rusty Wallace Racing to pursue other endeavor's. And Jack you are right having been with a small team you get to the shop at 6:00am and leave 11:00pm if you're lucky. People would ask are you ready to go racing ?, and my reply was "you're never ready it's just time to leave and get to the track"

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Nicky ... no matter which path you take be sure it is the path you desire.

Would it be a travel with the team position or a stay in the shop and build position?

If I remember correctly your in the NE PA area near Da'Boig right?

7. nicky

nicky Member

Your right Lumper, that was one of our logistic problems being in N.W. Pa. and having to travel to N.C. to get parts. We would leave go to Mooresville, Spend the night at Pat's place, owner of Leading Edge a fab shop. Then the following day make our round's picking up part's or going to Roush for motors, body panels and whatever. We would go to Second Chance Race Parts, owned by Rick Russell a dream come true for smaller teams. Many times we would drag cars back and forth for the teams that we built cars for. Man the memories, Why am I even considering this ?. It'll have to be a sweet deal, at 49 I'm too old to do it all again. But like I said the good memories, jumping over the wall with jack in hand and pulling off a great stop, the times with all the other team's. It is like a family. Use to sit by Greg Zipadelli in crewchief/ driver's meetings when he was with Mike Stefanik. Some bad day's to. I watch'd Adam Petty hit the wall during practice that terrible day in Loudon N.H. but mostly all good memories. This is not just my decision, but Jen told me last night that she'll support whatever I decide. Like I stated it's talk right now. But we're thinking.

8. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i would be interested in the some of the sts & gun clubs.thanks dwain

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

There is one thing that you must remember if you decide to move ... you might lose out on some trap/skeet shooting time but your no longer in the cold winter seasons either.

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

Nicky ... if you do decide to do it please let me know what you might have to liquidate but do not get rid of it all. Shells do not go bad and you will still find time at some point to shoot ... ya gotta have time to enjoy yourself away from the rat race of work sometime.

11. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

When you decide what you're going to do, let us know what you have and how much.

12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Kevin what type of gun do you have? For sale maybe? Mike

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Kevin what type of gun do you have? For sale maybe? Mike

14. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Kevin, what ever your decision, remember life is not a dress rehearsal. Go for your dreams and enjoy the time you have on this side of the grass. boogidee boogidee boogidee...

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.