1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Maxus vs. SBEII

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Larry 64, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry 64

Larry 64 TS Member

Just got back from a snow goose hunt and my 3 1/2 pump needs upgrading. Anyone try a maxus yet? Problems? Most of the guides had SBE or SBE II's.

2. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Buy the Browning.....The SBEII kicks like and SOB has a terrible trigger and has the propensity to jam...Have seen it firsthand in the goose blind...I was hunting a flock came in my buddy shot missed his gun jammed and my Browning Gold and I were left to clean up...Needless to say who got their limit that day and who didn't....I still tease him about his gun jamming to this day...

Also, if you shooting allot of 3 1/2 inchers the gas operation really takes the sting out.....

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Beretta Extrema. Softest shooting, dependable, a peice of cake to clean, adjustable everything.

4. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

The SBE & SBE II kick like a mules. Fine Mechanical guns but kick way too much for a gun that costs that much. The Maxus or Win SuperX Shoot great and soft! However they will break,just a matter of time. I've seen 2 of the new superx's break and more than a few Maxus's too.

Buy a Beretta Xtrema II. They shoot soft and I haven't seen one break yet. Neither has the Gunsmith at the range. You won't be disappointed!

Shoot well,
    Tom

5. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

The Maxus just came out....When did you see a Maxus break and what broke? I have been shooting my Gold now for 10 years without one failure!!!

6. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

If you don't shoot 3 1/2" the Benelli Vinci is by far the best auto loader invented. If you put some time behind the wheel of one you would see why I feel the way I do and I have owned and shot them all. It worked flawless for me from September 1 until the end of January.

7. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Go for the Gold!!! Softest shooting, fastest cycling most reliable autoloader on the market!

8. Larry 64

Larry 64 TS Member

The idea is to shoot 3 1/2". I have a nova now and love it. Just not for that volume and I'm doing more snows, it was a blast. All my buddies and one guide had gold 10's and I have a gold 3". The guide's and a friend told me SBE, I like Browning's but the Maxus is new. And the 10's were the "thing". Got the high ones and didn't blow up the short ones. But 30.00 a box.

9. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't need a 3.5" if you are decoying wright. If you have to shoot that far away you mite need to re-look your setup or your calling. I have killed thousands of Canada's with nothing but 3". I never have seen the need for the more expensive shells.

10. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

One of my buddies ordered a Maxus and the gun dealer said it was going to be a few months before he would be able to get it in.

11. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The Maxus is just a revamp of the failed Browning Gold. Luckyman is the only person on the planet that hasn't had a butt load of problems with his "GOLD!"

I'm with Setterman on this. In my opinion, the best gun going for what your purpose is is by far the Extrema.

12. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

Luckyman,

The Maxus has been out for a while. I work at a range and we had the New Winchester super x III as a rental gun that broke twice. The second time it broke, Winchester wanted it back to see what happened to it.

Three guys that I shoot with bought the Maxus last year. (Both the Maxus and Super x are made by Browning.) Only 1 of the 3 Maxus guns made it thru hunting season in 2009. When the first broke, Browning sent a new part. The other that broke was sent back to Browning. The third was shot sparingly and didn't break. So I was wrong, only 2 of the 3 Maxus guns I saw and shot last year broke.

I went to Argentina and shot an Extrema II. My buddy who's Maxus was repaired had some additional issues in Argentina and went to another gun. I shot all my shells in the first 2 of 4 days shot quite a bit the second 2 days. No problems at all.

I don't know what specific parts broke but I can find out if you're really interested.

I've also seen a rental Browning Gold at the range wear out. It was sent back to Browning to be rebuilt and was fine for a short while. Nice guns all but they just won't take a beating over time like the Extrema II.

We have an in house Gunsmith at the range and he has said he has not seen an Extrema II come in for repair and we've sold quite a few. He recommends the Extrema II and Beretta's over all other semi-auto shotguns.

Shoot safely, well and often,
    Tom

13. Loyac

Loyac Member

Ditto on the EXTREMA II

14. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I have seen numerous threads about Berretta's breaking.....Botton Line any gun used in high volume shooting situations over a period of time will eventually break....Metal wears down weakens and breaks....I just haven't had that problem with my Gold....Yet.

15. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I love these threads about how such and such brand of gun won't ever break. I shoot at least twice a week and I have seen EVERY brand of gun break or malfunction. From Perazzi over and unders, Beretta over and unders, to every kind of auto and pump. To be honest, I don't see much difference based on the price of the gun either. I have spent plenty of time waiting on someone to fix their expensive guns while I waited with my cheap guns.

16. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Amen Highflyer! The best gun is the one that works when it's in your hands!

17. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

"Most of the guides had SBE or SBEII....." that should tell you everything you need to know.

Ducks -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning maxus vs benelli sbe 2

browning maxus vs sbe2

maxuis vs sbeii

maxus vs sbeii

sbe ii vs maxus