1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MAX rescued update

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hap MecTweaks, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

To everyone that wished Max the pointer well in his new venture. Here's a picture of him at the trainers pointing a bird!! He's making a great bird dog according to the trainer, one of the best AZ has to offer I might add!
    [​IMG]

Another important part, Max has a great nose and is learning how to use it properly!! I love it when a good plan comes together!!

Next fall Max will begin paying his dues and I'm sure Tom will hunt all of his dogs with him at various times. As I said previously, "Max" won dogdoms lottery being rescued by such a dog lover as Tom Strunk!! I think before he's done, he'll be bird dog poor as Max makes number six?? :)

Hap

2. setter

setter Member

That has been a great story. Thanks for the updsate.

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Holy Jeepers Hap, Where'd you find such a flat open area. THAT's where I want to hunt and hike out here.LOL. Great picture. That's great to hear that Max is doing well. God Bless Tom and all he's got going, not many that would do what he did. Thanks for the update, Bob

4. Hap MecTweaks

Your welcome guys!! Tom asked me to post an update for all the good people here along with a picture of Max in training. Bill says Max is going to make a wonderful bird dog very soon! I'm tickled with how this story turned out and what might have been?

Bob, I have about 1800 acres of private crop lands as flat as in the picture where I can hunt quail!! Walking is the easiest I've had since hunting in AZ!! Sure is vastly different than my mountain hunts! Just came across it the last weekend of season and we did well there. Gidget locked up tight on about 12 singles, plus the covey on our last day. Can't wait till next year!

Hap

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Hap, If I send some dog food to the trainer, can I use Max for a week in December in South Dakota?

6. Hap MecTweaks

Setterman, you bein a good dog man I'll put in a good word for ya n see what he says? That Max CAN EAT and he may go for the offer!!! Acts like "starvin marvin" when he gets close to food! He's lookin pretty good these days though!!

Hap

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

That almost looks like the area south of Aguila.

Mountains should be the Harquehala range.

But then again...........

HM

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I copied this to Cullen, the lady who found Max and told me about him. She is responsible for dozens of worthy bird dogs finding homes every year and she will be thrilled to see this.

9. Annie Get Your Gun

Annie Get Your Gun Member

Beautiful dog with a happy ending! Thanks for taking the time to post an update and to Tom for the rescue.
    Diane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.