1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mauser Trigger Problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ccw1911, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Is it a selective or nonselective trigger system? I'm not familiar with the Mauser system but I've seen some older guns that the SNST system worked in a way that the second shot hammer didn't have quite the same travel. If it has one of those then a weak hammer spring could do it. Or It could be something in the selector system binding up slowing the second hammer, also make sure the gun is not too loose. Since it fires the top barrel first ok I doubt it is a firing pin problem. Pull the stock off and operate the triggers and it should be apparant whats causing it.

Ross

2. algebra1

algebra1 Member

Jim,
    I had a Mauser- Bauer that I purchased from Jaquas.I had the same problem.The springs are the problem .Took it to a gun smith and had him look at it.He said that the spring sits in a cylinder like housing and the fireing pin fits in like a plunger.The spring was all twisted up and he did not have the right size spring to fix it,so I sent the gun back to Jaquas.Maybe they can help you find some new springs.Good luck,if you call Jaquas ask for Jason.

3. Jornski

Jornski TS Member

otnot Could you sell me a few of those springs I bough the gun off of a guy in Alaska for my daughter and the bottom barrel does not fire some times. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.