1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Maui Trap Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ljutic73, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Taking family holday to maui in mid March. my son and I would like to vist the club on the Sunday (March 20) and shoot a few rounds....anybody on here from Maui that shoots there and could give info on rental guns/times etc. Thanks!

Ron Burr

Alberta

2. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Not from Maui but I do shoot on Maui.

There are 2 trap clubs on Maui, Maui Trap & Gun Club in Haliimaile on Haleakala and the Maui Clay Target Assn in the Ukumehame Range by the beach. With the drop in participation you should RSVP, because a lot of times the range may not be open if the regulars decide not to shoot.

Maui Trap & Gun Club has a few rental guns and sells ammo.

Maui Clay Target Assn usually has an ATA registered shoot on the 3rd Sunday of the month, normally Handicap and Doubles. There are no rental guns.

If Art, MT&GC or David, MCTA do not post with their current contact info, both are ATA clubs with contact info on the ATA website.

Jason

3. ljutic73

Thanks Jason.....will check it out when we're there....shot at Princeville on Kauai 30 years ago and always wanted to shoot on Maui....need to rent guns as we're flying from western Canada and won't be "packin' heat" on this trip....

Ron

4. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

If you are not bring your guns, Maui Trap & Gun Club would be your best choice then. Unless you really want to have some Hawaii ATA registered targets on your record.

MT&GC also has trap shooting Wednesday afternoon into the evening under the lights.

If you have not found contact info yet, here is the link at the ATA site: http://www.shootata.com/content/ata_zones/club.aspx?clubid=150040

Jason

5. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I shot at both clubs in june (state shoot),,watch out for the wind before noon at Ukumehame,, this is the phone # for Art at Haliimaile,808-250-3802 or 808-572-0689,, he shoots on either wed or thursday afternoons,,,tell them Hi from Bill In NY

6. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Neat place to shot at the MT&GC. Watch out for the Chickens!!!..LOL.......m

7. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

I have shot with David and Jason and a couple other very nice folks at UK on Maui.

You will have to buy shells at the sporting goods store over by the airport, ok selection.

The guys that usually shoot at UK are wonderful folks.

Hope everything works out for you and enjoy the island.

Philip Santos

8. ljutic73

Thanks everyone for your input....our sched. is Wed-Wed on Maui so may check out Sunday shooting.....and wind is no problem...I'm from southern Alberta....and it blows here...alot....I

Ron

9. Mongo-808-

Mongo-808- TS Member

^ any interest in shooting MCTA, Ukumehame Firing range can contact me at. D_Rodrigues at msn.com.

Mongo~David

PS..yes I'm alive LOL

10. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

And God forbid, if you need a doctor while there let me know, and I will hook you up with one that will steer you in the right direction. He is an oncologist but was with the Maui Hospital for several years..

An old classmate, and good friend....and he knows some of the best doctors on the island.

Dave in SC

11. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

I went to Maui on vacation and thought I would go get my dad a shirt from the trap club... not the one by the beach the other one...in the cane fields..LOL... drove and burst out laughing... chickens, turkeys, ducks geese... all on the 27 yrd line... feed pans too... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH... to funny!!!!

oh yeah got the shirt and the people were really nice there!!!!!

12. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

I went to Maui on vacation and thought I would go get my dad a shirt from the trap club... not the one by the beach the other one...in the cane fields..LOL... drove and burst out laughing... chickens, turkeys, ducks geese... all on the 27 yrd line... feed pans too... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH... to funny!!!!

oh yeah got the shirt and the people were really nice there!!!!!

13. ljutic73

Once was not enough...so we're goin' back...and God willin' this won't be our last trip there either....

Ron

14. white rattler

white rattler Member

Ron, many years ago Jim Zakowski and myself shot this club and we have a very good time. The two guys that ran (owned) it were great. After a few drinks I was booked in to get my teeth cleaned and a check up. As one of them was a Dentist. They use to have some pictures on the walls of our own Susan Nattrass. As she spent some time there. Good luck and have fun. Trevor.

15. jrw17

jrw17 Member

Thanks for this info, I will be on the island from the 6th until the 13th of January. I am going to call and confirm availability tomorrow for a practice shoot on Sunday the 8th while my fiancé has her trial run makeup done our wedding which will take place in August 2011 at Gannon's.

16. ljutic73

Trevor...we don't know if we're gonna have time to shoot there but we're gonna try...still trying to get our flights secured as the airlines are playing games with thier flight schedules...

17. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Shot at the Maui Trap and Skeet Club in 1977 on my way back from Hong Kong and Singapore. Used to collect a pin from every club I shot at around the country and the world. While there, I bought my pin from the Maui Trad and Skeet Club. Seems their provider had tradded when they should have trapped and the good folks at the club tried to slip one by me. The Baldwins were big players at the club in those days. When I noticed the error on the pin, they "Oopsed" and offered to exchange it for the one with the correct spelling. Being the shrewd trader that I am, I refused the trade and simply bought another one with the correct spelling.

Been one of my favorite pins ever since. You might want to go by the club in Haliimaile and see if they still have a Maui Trad and Skeet Club pin.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ata trap shooting in hawaii
maui hawaii trap club

maui trap and gun club

mauitrap and gun
mauitrapclub
trap club in hawaii

trap shooting maui

trapshootingmaui