1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Maui Trap and Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mongo-808-, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongo-808-

Mongo-808- TS Member

Hey there,

You may want to call Art Shepard. He is running the club these days (ph# (808)572-0689). He probably has the most info on Oliver. As far as I know the Baldwins live in Colorado now & none of them shoot anymore. Doc Kahoe passed away about 9 years ago. The Makaha Indians are shooting there this week so your timing might be great.

Mongo~David

P.S. I have numerous trophies from you dads memorial shoot that we have every year on Thanksgiving weekend, always honored to win at this shoot.

2. erm

erm Member

I'll see if I can get a couple of the other Maui guys to read this post. May be they will remember your dad. Elton

3. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Is that the facility that's inside an extinct volcano? If so, I shot sporting clays there with my new bride Holga. Nice club. I remember doing particularly well on the overhead shots thrown from the upper lip of the volcano. The fly by shots were tough for me. A helper pulled on my gun once to show me just how far ahead of the target I had to be. Wow.

A funny story: Holga was on the mini straight away range shooting a 28 ga and made her first shot, then opened the gun, looked at the empty and said, 'Didn't I just shoot that thing?' The guy next to us and his son broke out in laughter. Then she opened the gun and the empty hit her in the face. When she screamed they had to walk away because they were laughing so hard.

She's still my bride.

Great club. I remember the huge fenced in square area in front of the club house that was full of empties. The club manager was a shooter from Europe, so I'm sure he wasn't your dad.

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Joe:

That was Papaka/Maui Sporting Clays...

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

makaha trap shooters club

maui rod and gun club