1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Matel Fanner 50

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Trappy12, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

So over the past few years my dad has periodically mentioned how he would love to have a Fanner 50 cap gun again like he did when he was younger, so for Christmas this year I managed to buy one off of ebay. Obviously due to my price range it's not in complete proper working order. The gun just feels loose and the biggest issue is that the hammer does not fall in the proper place, and instead gets caught on the side of the gun. Does anybody fix/know how to fix these and would be able to help me out a bit?
    Thanks,
    -Trappy

2. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Up on the off chance someone can help.
    -Trappy

3. Mr. Charles

Mr. Charles Member

wish I could. I remember them, but couldn't afford to have one.

mc

4. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I had one back in 59 or 60 when I was 10. About the last toy I was ever given for Christmas. Loved it then but it got lost somewhere when my son played with it. I do remember that it was getting very loose and sometimes the cap rolls would get off track and not go round the roller unless I fiddled with it a little. Google up some old toys mechanics and see what you can come up with. Dan

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Go back to Ebay and get the parts to repair it. Just seen them on there yesterday. Once you have the parts send them with the gun to Doug Braker to tighten it up. LOL. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.