1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Massive vote effort by military personnel/

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I received this E mail yesterday. I did not fact check it. I will ask my daughter who is in the A/F about it later. You do what you want with it. Mike.

Please forward to everyone you can (After you have removed forwarding e-mail addresses) -- Author of this is active military

More than 1,000 American soldiers have lost their lives in Afghanistan in the last 27 months. This is more than the combined total of the nine years before.

Thirty have died in August. The commander in chief is AWOL. Not a peep, although he ordered the White House flag flown at half mast for the Sikhs that were killed. There is a deep disgust, a fury, growing in the ranks of the military against the indifferent incompetence of this president. It has taken on a dangerous tone.

No one knows what to do about him, but the anger runs deep as the deaths continue with no strategic end in sight to the idiocy of this war. Obama has had 4 years to end this futile insanity, during which time he has vacationed, golfed, campaigned, and generally ignored the plight of our men and women in uniform. But, there is now a movement afoot in the armed services to launch a massive get out the vote drive against this president. Not just current active duty types, but the National Guard, Reserves, the retired, and all other prior service members. This is no small special interest group, but many millions of veterans who can have an enormous impact on the outcome of the November election if they all respond.

The million military retirees in Florida alone could mean an overwhelming victory in that state if they all show up at the polls. It might not keep another one hundred U.S. troops from dying between now and November, but a turn out to vote by the military against this heart breaking lack of leadership can make a powerful statement that hastens a change to the indifference of this shallow little man who just lets our soldiers die.

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I am retired military (1976-2000) and have worked directly with the military ever since I retired. To this day I work as a consultant directly for DOD and DHS.

I have heard of nothing even close to above purported drive against the President. There is NO Armed Forces movement underway related to politics. This above referred posting is another example of BS on the internet.

Defense Department Directive 1344.10 dictates which political activities service members are allowed to participate in. We can: vote, attend meetings while not in uniform and write letters as a citizen not representing DOD.

We cannot express a political opinion as a member of the military, use official authority to solicit votes for a particular candidate or speak in an official capacity at public gatherings that promote a candidate.

All of the above is not to say that a majority of service members present and past are by in large Republican.

Guy Babin

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

gdbabin--Most of your response is thanks to Osambo who doesn't want any disagreement with his agenda--hence his "ban" on public expressions of opinion by the military. Yes I was in the service "USN" in the 60s and do remember. Ross Puls

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Ross you are completely wrong. The Directive has nothing to do with Obama, or any other President.

Guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.