1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Massive flooding in ohio

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Trapshooter1, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

The rivers are too deep all around Ohio according to the national weather service. There is massive flooding all over the state. The whole area is under a flash flood watch for the next 10 years as they can strike at any time anywhere This flooding has backed the Ohio river up all the way into Pennsylvania and the flooding is about to start there also. It may reach as far as Arizona which baffles the weather service because it is missing all states in between. They have confirmed it is being caused by all the crying about them loosing the Grand American Trap Shoot to a little town in Illinois.

[​IMG]

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

There were 14 of us who convyed from NJ to Vandalia every year. When the Grand moved to Sparta, many of us went to the new site. Last year only 2 made the trip to Sparta. This year none of us will attend the Grand. We will be going to the Cardinal Classic instead.

I'm sorry but you can't sell the Sparta site to a whole lot of people - even those who have been there since the beginning.

As for Ohio shooters crying, I don't know why they should. They have Cardinal which is a superb site and is bringing in a lot of east coast shooters.

3. Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson Member

Trapshooter1, I wouldn't bite the hand that feeds you! The last numbers I saw from Sparta indicate that the Eastern and Central Zone (which includes Ohio) make up 58% of the attendees at Sparta. If you continue to piss more them off you might have start paying your share! It would appear after all of the bravado and chest beating from the other zones they never showed up. If it wasn't for Missouri and Tennessee the South and Southwestern zones would be in the single digits in attendance!! Who's really supporting the Grand and who's the little ankle biter?

By the way I don't see you shooting at the Grand....are you there?

Total Eastern Zone 11.41%

Total Central Zone 46.61%

Total Southern Zone 18.36%

Total Southwestern Zone 15.46%

Total Western Zone 7.94%

Jim

4. pdq

pdq Member

From reports I've heard, the flooding is not being caused by tears -- it's sweat -- temps in Sparta are rediculous.

Pete

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I just don't like the fact it was rammed down our throats for one and the fact its in an ANTI GUN state. Give them time and I say Ill will yank the rug out from under us.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Draw a circle with a 300 mile radius around Columbus, Ohio and Sparta, Illinois. Then count the ATA members within each circle. You'll see why most of the crying is actually about the attendance at Sparta.

As Jim stated, you're doing a good job of making the drive longer.

7. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

I presonally feel there are a lot of very good post and some real dumb post on this site sometimes. But, this one has got to be one of the all time best for being the dumbest post I have read in a long time. If you do not have you facts in order, please do not waste time etc putting this type of stuff on this site. Jim gave you the facts. Thank god the folks from east of the river are STILL supporting the GRAND. Otherwise it would be a ghost town. By the way I am from OHIO and have attended every grand in Sparta. Damn it is hot here today. It is august and it is very hot in Ohio also.

8. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Actually, this is smokin whiteowls brother! Tom Rhoads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.