1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Massachusetts State Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

http://www.minutemansportsmen.com/ Heres the link.

2. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Minuteman Sportsman's Club, Francis Wyman Rd., Billerica, MA
    www.minutemansportsman.com>
    781-272-7169> JRM

3. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I am suprised Mass. is allowed to have one, I'll bet Ted K. is not a member.

4. perga1

perga1 Active Member

John, you would be amazed at the amount of shooting and gun clubs in MA. It is the only thing I miss since I moved to gun friedly Florida. I lived in New Bedford, MA for 59 years and had 7 gun clubs within a 25 minute drive,4 within 15 minutes. Here in FL I bought a place within 20 minutes of the Silver Dollar but the next available club that shoots trap is 1 hour and 40 mins. away and then farther and farther after that. JRM

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Mass has many clubs, very little ATA shooting. 6 or 7 clubs are active in ATA for me 4 os them are far enough away to keep me from shooting this year. also you never really hear about the clubs unless you are looking deep.

6. perga1

perga1 Active Member

maclellan1911, you are right they are very well hidden. JRM

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

there also does not seem to be any communication between the clubs, not many club to club chalenges/shoots or leagues? also sporting clays and 5stand seem to be gaining around here.

8. perga1

perga1 Active Member

maclellan1911, when I was a member of the Fall River Rod and Gun Club in Westport, MA we had one annual interclub shoot in March of each year. All of the area club members supported the other local clubs on field day but interaction beyond that was just occaisionally shooting at the other clubs. You have a PM. Jim

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Anyone know what the trophies for Resident are?

10. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

OK, so ATA is shot at the following in MAss.:

Minuteman in Burlington

Westford SC....Westford

N. Leominster R&G

Royalston FG

Holbrook RG

Franklin County SC

In Nearby NH at Pelham, and Peterborough, in Maine (Scarborough FG) is only 1.5 from Boston

We can also shoot at 5 State shoots that are within 2.5 hours of Boston area.

The Greater Lowel Trap LEague shoots all summer, it is comprised of teams from 13 local "Lowell" area clubs, there are about 400 shooters that participate in the 16 week season. For an anti gun state, you can do a LOT of shooting!

See you on Friday Mac!!- Frank C.

Oh, almost forgot we are close to Rogue Island too.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.