1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mass. Senate seat up for grabs next Tuesday 19th

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Frank C, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

In case you haven't heard, NEXT Tuesday, Jan 19th There will be a special election to replace Teddy (sober 5 months now) Kennedy's empty Senate seat. State Rep R-Scott Brown vs. do nothing Democrat Att. Gen. Martha Coakley. Brown is a Lt. Col in the Mass National Guard, and a guy we NEED in the Senate. The race is really heating up, she has refused to debate Scott Brown one on one, choosing to have a fringe candidate strangely enough named Kennedy included in the debates, he is no relation to the Kennedy clan so prone to the drink....

Coakley, during the debate the other night claimed that we should be out of Afganistan since the taliban was not there anymore.....

Last night there was an assault by a Coakley campaign thug against a reporter for the Weekly Standard, watch it at the attached link....the catch in this election is that even IF Scott Brown wins, the state "powers" will drag their feet a la the Mn. Franken disaster and not certify the election for months, thus blocking Browns vote against Obamacare......politics as usual in Mass. NH here I come, taking my tax $$ with me!

being reported on Hannity NOW

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Frank C One thing that you didn't mention is this special election is important to the entire nation not just Mass.

A republican win in this senate seat would take away the filibuster proof option in the Senate.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2010/01/break-the-fillibuster-proof-fascists-scott-brown.html

Bob Lawless

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Money is coming in from all over the country to smack the pukes down.

In the Kennedy bastion what is happening now with the ratings is amazing, and formerly unthinkable. It's within a point or 2 of a dead heat.

Coakley looked like shit in the debate last night too.

HM

4. ivanhoe

halfmile I hope Mr. Brown wins I don't care if it is by the slightest of margins or a land slide.

It sure would send a message a Republican winning in a Democrat state. One can only hope for the best.

Bob Lawless

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The dems are planning to stall his installation if he wins, to keep him from voting against their health care bill.

6. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

The fact that Brown even has a fighting chance in Mass., in an election for the seat formerly occupied (for life) by Ted Kennedy is scaring the hell out of the Democrat party. They ran this incredibly weak Coakley woman in their ARROGANCE. Obviously, they didn't expect that they would be seriously challenged. I doubt Brown will win, but it's a VERY telling sign that he even has a snowball's chance.!!

7. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nEoW-P81-0

8. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Any body know his website or how a person could donate to his (our) cause?

9. ivanhoe

SirMissalott This should give you a trial right to what you want to find. BTW if anyone doesn't think this is a serious effort. Just look at the money that has been raised and more importantly where it has been raised.

On the map the area where there is the most dollars raised is the most liberal part of the state. The closer to Boston the more liberal the constituents.

Bob Lawless

https://secure.yourpatriot.com/ou/tnrt/nat_repub_website/donate.aspx

10. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

You can rest assured that if he wins even by a 100,000 votes they will be recounting them until July.

11. Frank C

Republican Scott Brown is leading by 4 points in a Suffolk University poll this morning!

12. Frank C

new poll

13. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Thank you Bob Lawless I hope others can see the IMPORTANCE of this election. If Mr. brown wins this will be the first time in 40 + years that seat hasn't been damp form water from Chappaquiddick!

14. ivanhoe

mirage1

"Would'nt this be poetic justice if Scott Brown wins and his vote shoots down the Health Care Bill after Teddy croaked"

Yes it would but I wouldn't hold my breath because even if he wins the election they won't have him sworn in on time to take his seat in the Senate. You mark my words they will try what ever it take to keep him from taking the oath of office in time for the vote.

Bob Lawless

15. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

A special poll conducted Thursday evening gives Brown the lead by 15 points. I would not put a lot of hope into polls, of course, but the trend does seem promising. Yes, the Dems will probably try to delay or even block Brown from being seated if he does win, but even if they succeed, Reid may lose some other Dems on the healthcare issue. Part of Reids support for healthcare depends of DNC promises to some Dems up for election in November, that DNC money, ACORN, and SEIU will ensure that DEMs do not lose their jobs. But if Reid and party cannot even guarantee that a dem is elected in a state that has not had a Repub senator in over 50 years, what are his promises worth? Might just be enough to send a couple of dems into the "no" mode over healthcare, even if Brown is not seated right away.

Jim R

16. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Oh please, oh please, oh please, please, please.

17. clayshooter555

clayshooter555 TS Member

It's past time to get your wallets out!!! I don't live in Mass but that doesn't matter to me or to YOU.

Therefore, knowing that the Democrats have a real problem if they lose even one of the 60 votes they are using to ram through this idiot healthcare bill that will NOT cover all the uninsured, that will NOT 'bend the cost curve down', that will NOT make healthcare more affordable in the US and that WILL put the US even further in deep, deep debt....

I'm supporting Brown in the hopes that the Dems lose their railroading, exclusive, non-transparent 60 vote majority.

It's a long shot but it's the only chance I have at the moment to try and change what is going on in DC.

So, here's where you can step up and toss a few bucks his way because as we all know, money talks and the BS walks. If that last $1 that comes in let's him run the commercial that provides the deciding vote in his favor, we all win. The vote is January 19th.

You can donate by going to https://www.icontribute.us/scottbrown.

18. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Old Teddy will spin in his grave if a Republican wins "his" seat...Bill

19. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Here is an email I sent to my college classmates and friends. I suggest that no matter where you live- you contact your elected representitives via email or phone and tell them this is just plain wrong

"Obama trying to influence the Senate Vote in Mass- by exempting Unions from Health Care taxes

This just dawned on me, I know it is unusual for someone from Iowa to have original thoughts, but the announcement of exempting union members and unions from health care taxes through 2017 is meant to sway the Massachusetts election Tuesday.

I originally thought that the exemption was just a constitutionally illegal action of administration to favor one class of people, union members, over all others.

I have thought about the timing though and realize it is meant to gain voter support in Massachusetts for the critical senate seat.

I am writing Senator Harkin and telling him that despite voting for him in every election, if he supports this measure I will never support him again and will actively campaign against anyone supporting this measure.

I further ask Senator Harkin to make his view on this known before Tuesdays election and call for Senate investigation of that candidates race and the possible solicitation of the this type of support. The Executive branch may be immune from being held accountable in this but neither the Democratic National Committee nor the Senate candidate is immune from investigation.

I would urge each of you, regardless of party affiliation, to contact your elected officials and condemn this , if you value being an American above party affiliation.

Regards from Iowa

Gene Nosco"

20. DadPlus4

DadPlus4 Member

As Brown said - it's not Kennedy's seat, it's the People's seat.
    Expect union and acorn goons at polls on Tuesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.