1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MASS members What do you charge to shoot?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by yvonne, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I know there is currently a thread on here asking what each club charges to shoot. I'd like to hear from Massachusetts Clubs only. What do you charge for Trap, Skeet and 5 Stand. Member price, non-member price and any other consideration. We charge $3 for Trap (member, non member, etc) We do give a discount to any member that is on the shotgun committee. (we currently have about 50 on the committee) Committee members must serve field duty approx 4 times per year. Duty includes opening all fields, (1 trap, 2 skeet and 1 5 stand) restocking houses, closing fields, filling machines and cleaning fields..... Sitting on the desk to sign shooters up and collecting the fees. There are always 2 people serving duty, as 1 opens and runs the 5 stand operation and then helps with the rest of the day's duties. We give discounts to youths, college students and members actively serving in the Military. We charge $120 Initiation fee and $120 dues per year. Any info is appreciated! Thanks!

2. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

Yvonne, what club are you at? Steve

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Hanson rod and gun 3$ for targets 6$ for ammo.

4. yvonne

Steve, I belong to Old Colony Sportsmen's Assoc in Pembroke http://www.old-colony.org/ Like all clubs, it's getting very expensive for members to afford ammo and the price of targets. I'm on the Executive Board for the Shotgun Sports and am wondering if raising non-member rates is the way to go????

5. yvonne

I agree with you there Frank. We charge $4 for skeet and $5 for 25 5 Stand targets. Do you think it's fair to expect members to pay $120 per year to belong, yet let non-members shoot for the same price?

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Yvonne, I do shoot over there once in a while. As non member I would not hesitate to still shoot there when I can even with a fair price increase. I like your five stand. With what it takes with the number of traps to put on a 5 stand course a higher price should not be an issue. Is member participation down? How about your membership numbers. Are they growing,declining,stagnant?
    We have a large amount of non member shooters shooting trap over at Hanson. right now 10 15 non members shooting 100 bucks a week is better than 10 members not shooting. Yvonne do you get the same 75 or 100 members participating in all the events?. They only can shoot on Open to public invite days. For trap that is wed Thurs nights and Sunday afternoon. We also have CMP 2 a month. Membership gets you full access of all the club has to offer. If my budget/time allowed I would have membership at several clubs. What I think we have is a problem with getting people involved more both members and non. The younger crowd out there is spending money like no tomorrow. The people I know between 21 and 30 spend more than I do a week going out to clubs bars and what ever. Even getting my friends to do anything is tough enough. Charging more may not be the answer. It could cause the few non members who may come down every other weekend to shoot a few rounds not to come at all. Charging more may get a few to join? I dont know. From what I hear at the meetings trap at our club is and has been at an all time high the last 3 years. The best thing we can do is try to get people interested. Get the boy scouts down there get the people around the neighbor hood in their. Also I think The clubs around each other should have club shoot days, come down shoot what ever have a little comp and bragging rights shoot. pass the bucks back and fourth every year. I missed out on your little scat shoot. where you do all 3 trap skeet 5 stand. I do not think Our club president would mind you posting such events at our clubs. I do believe for our clubs to survive the remaining clubs need to communicate more. Is it getting more expensive YES I will be shooting ATA again this year but as it seems already about 45% less. That will also count for regular club shooting also. What about pre paid shooting cards for every 10 rounds you pre pay you get 1 free? Maybe gift cards. How about coupons given out at dicks or any other sporting goods stores gun shops ect ect. 2 for one shooting coupons? even if a inter club league big 50 type of shoot could be started.?????

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Yvonne you might want to check the numbers and see how many members shoot at your club on a weekly basis as opposed to non-members. If the bulk of the income is coming from non-members raising non-member prices may be counter productive.

Bob Lawless

8. yvonne

Mac... Actually the bulk of our shooters are members. I just bumped into Karen O at the supermarket this week and invited her and Keith to come on over and shoot some 5 stand! Norm Sk showed up last week too. I'm glad to see Hanson is doing so well with their Trap program. I miss doing the Ladies clinics there. I had 12 women at OCSA a couple of months ago for the ladies clinic there. One of my students beat me in the Trap championship this weekend!!!! (She shot her first 25 to boot!) OCSA Trap shooters have been asking me if Hanson would be interested in a little "friendly competition" Email me or call me and maybe we can set something up. Do you know we're having a "Lucky Bottle" shoot October 28th?? Soon the Turkey shoot and Ham shoot will be happening also. Get in touch with me and I'll get a calendar of events to you.

Bob....Nice to hear from you. As I told Mac, yes the bulk of our shooters are members and on Lucky, Turkey and Ham shoots, we charge everyone the same. With the "bad weather" coming and folks not wanting to travel, I thought non-members rates should be in effect to take some of the cost from the members. Hopefully, the cost of lead will come down and we can all shoot as much as we'd like!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.