1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Hysteria

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by canada, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canada

canada Member

Talk about mass hysteria.

There are thousands of Universities, hundreds of thousands of University buildings, and millions of University rooms in North American alone. Now add in high schools, and the number of school rooms rises even more. A school shooting has only occured in a handful of school rooms since North America since Columbine 8 years ago today.

Why is that always after a shooting, which, is a tragic incident that should never happen, does the public go crazy, for lack of a better word.

Ts.com even has a thread about student safety info which made such suggestions as students should sit near a window, as well as inspect to make sure the window opens in case of an emergency. It was also mentioned that students should sit near an exit (which is almost always at the back of the classroom, ie. furthest from the instructor, hardest to listen/learn)

Why would a student, or anyone, constantly live in fear. If someone takes precautions to avoid getting shot at school, due to VA Tech, or any other school shooting, they are living in fear.

As a student myself, any emergency in school is the furthest thing from my mind.

The media builds events like this up so much that it creates mass hysteria, which is going on right now.

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Being aware of ones surroundings is a far cry from living in fear. Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. John

3. Charkat1

Charkat1 Member

Don't forget that the MSM is part of the "entertainment" business and, as such, is looking for drama. I'm not trying to sound cold, but ratings and increasing viewership are important in that business. MSM also has a well-known anti-gun agenda which ties in with the academic liberal left. I believe that the idea is to generate a good emotional response from people, rather than a reasoned position on an event.

Charlene

4. canada

canada Member

My university was shut down for 2 hours tonight due to "Campus Safety received
    a report of 6' tall, dark-haired male, dressed in a light shirt and
    camouflage pants, walking through campus possibly armed with a gun."

Possibly armed with a gun... school was shut down for two hours today because someone was POSSIBLY armed with a gun. The accuser didn't see a gun, and had it not been for VA Tech would have never suspected this person to have a gun.

Two hours later the university re-opened, no gun was found. The innocent man was found and he did not have a gun. People get irrationally scared because they can't think for themselves, or think rationally.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A kid at my niece's junior high, SE of Portland, said that the Virginia Tech killer would have done a better job if he had used a bomb. He got reported for that statement, and authorities investigated. And they found he had materials for a bomb and had been trying to make one.

6. smartass

smartass TS Member

Out of all the colleges in the US and millions of students, only 20 are murdered on campus every year on average. 1,700, however, die due to alcohol related incidents. .... And we make a crisis out of the former- how silly.

Think about it this way- if 32 students had been murdered by 32 killers in 32 colleges, nobody would care because it wouldn't have made the national news. Now, when one nut does the same thing, it's a huge crisis and "something" just has to be done. Go figure.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Anonymous has a good point. Taking it further, what would be the reaction if the 32 had died when their field trip bus got in a wreck with a gasoline tanker being driven by a drunk?<br>
    <br>
    It would have been a bit story on the evening news, and then forgotten the next night.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My granddaughter in kindergarten was told by her teacher to leave her backpack in school. Turns out some little pisshead grade schooler wrote a bomb note on the bathroom wall.

So they are checking all backpacks.

Watch out for those dangerous kindergarten kids.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

calasca shut down due to mass hysteria from goes