1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Gun owners report on Romney

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Har3rdus, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Har3rdus

Har3rdus Member

Fellow gun owners,

I am pro 2nd Amendment to the core, but the contributors on this web site need to know about Mass gun laws under the Republican candidate for President, Mitt Romney. I am from Pennsylvania but my NRA card carrying son in law from MASS has a devil of a time getting and owning firearms. Gun owners from Mass need to way in and educate the members of the forum on the future of gun ownership under OUR next President Mitt Romney.

True blue and diamond hard,
    Harry

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    You're pretty much wasting your time, Harry. Only a few here vote on principle. Most would vote for Sarah Brady if she was running against Obama.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Problem is,,,,,Possible 4 Supreme Court appointments in the next term,,,,,,You will need a country to be able to shoot your guns in,,,,,which one do you think gun owners will have a better "shot" with????

4. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

Thanks for the info I have many friends in Mass who feel the same way but they feel even stronger about him and sum it up as he never did ANYTHING GOOD for the STATE except LEAVE !

5. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Mitt Romney was a far more popular govenor then the current occupant of the office. The only people who don't miss him are the liberal loons and other assorted left-wing moonbats. It is helpful to remember that both the current Attorney General in Massachusetts was quoted as saying that "it's not illegal to be illegal in Massachusetts", a reference to illegal immigrants in the state, and the current govenor, Deval Patrick, said that "illegal immigration didn't kill that gentleman, a drunk driver did. He did not mention the victim by name and many believe that the govenor didn't remember who he was. The victim, Michael Denice of Milford, MA was killed by an illegal immigrant who was so intoxicated that he dragged Denice, who was on a motorcycle, down the street.

My point is that if anybody wants to denigrate Mitt Romney as the past govenor of Massachusetts, then they should look to the current office holders here before they do. There are far to many examples of liberal lunacy to post here, but the bigger point (to me) is how the liberal left in Massachusetts has made obvious who their political base really is.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you think Obama doesn't have plans for the future of gun ownership you are seriously mistaken.

Get a grip, man.

HM

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Massacheusetts has had restrictive gun laws long before Romney. Don't blame him for the crap the Kennedys and other Mass. libs passed decades ago.

8. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Simply Vote against Obama. A popular radio show host and Constitutional lawyer, Mark Levin has said he would vote for a carton of orange juice over Obama.
    Romney will have more people and groups to answer to than at state level and will have better advisors. Good start with Paul Ryan IMHO.

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"I am from Pennsylvania but my NRA card carrying son in law from MASS has a devil of a time getting and owning firearms."

BTW what is he trying to by that he can't get????

NRA card carrying son in law???? Unfortunately an NRA card in Mass won't get you the time of day let alone a gun. I live in Mass and have absolutely no trouble buying guns. At least none that can be attributed to anything that Mitt did.

We do have trouble buying certain handguns that the attorney general says are unsafe. Which by the way isn't a law it is according to th AG, part of the rights of her office. Another liberal who believes they have a right to set policy for the state without the benefit of the say so of the states law makers and voters.

Bob Lawless

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Every presidential election year, I send each potential presidential candidate an email asking simply, "What is your position with regard to the Second Amendment?" I asked the question that way so as not to give any signals as to which side I was on. I then wrote a column on the upcoming election advising Shotgun Sports Magazine readers of the outcome.

Both in 2008 and this year, Obama's identical replies were, "I have never gone hunting or fishing in my life." He really isn't so clueless that he thinks firearms are used for fishing, he actually doesn't know the meaning of the Second Amendment! And he or his staff couldn't even come up with something original this time. Face it - we have a real dunderhead in the Oval Office right now.

In constrast, here is Mitt Romney's response.

“I do not believe in adding any more laws to restrict the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. I resolutely believe in the significance of proper gun ownership and sales. I understand that there are those in this country who wish to remove all guns from our society, but understand I stand firmly against that view. While many in Washington do not, I recognize that there is a difference between law-abiding gun owners and criminals that wish to do harm. Those who choose to use a firearm during the commission of a crime must be punished to the full extent of the law. With that said, we should provide law enforcement with the proper resources to punish and deter criminals, not inconvenience lawful gun owners.

“As governor of one of the most liberal states in the country, I was proud to support legislation that expanded the rights of gun owners. I worked hard to advance the ability of law-abiding citizens to purchase and own firearms. I stood against liberal desires to create bureaucracy intended to burden gun owners and sportsmen.

“I believe that the support of pro-Second Amendment and sportsmen’s groups in my previous runs for office are a testament to my support of the Second Amendment. As governor, I designated May 7th as “The Right to Bear Arms” Day in Massachusetts to honor law-abiding citizens, like yourself, and their right to “use firearms in defense of their families, persons, and property for all lawful purposes, including common defense.” As president, I will fight the battle on all fronts to preserve the Second Amendment.”

As always, the American people will make the call and unfortunately, those who NEED liberal entitlements will vote in larger numbers than those of us who WANT our freedoms.

I'm not thinking that Romney is the perfect candidate and I sorely wish that the GOP could come up with candidates with more public appeal but my voting decision was an easy one.

Ed

11. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

To coin a popular phrase "elections aren't to vote FOR the good guy, but rather to vote AGAINST the bad guy"?

12. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Thank you Ed. You and Mr. Lawless are flawless on this issue. Mitt did very well by us. Our state legislature is liberal beyond belief and yet Govenor Patrick and the AG Coakley feel the laws of the land do not apply to them. The state has just sent over 477,000 applications with stamped return envelopes to every person on welfare to get them to register to vote for Ms. Moonbat Warren.

13. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

and yet, we still have a CHOICE.......

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Mr Hawks please don't forget when the same type of mailing was needed to advise legal gun Owners in Mass. That the status of their FID/LTC had changed they mailed less than half.

A flowing tribute to the efficiency of Mass liberal government.

Bob Lawless

15. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

So who do we vote for if Romney and Obama are our choices and both want to ban guns??

16. carv

carv Member

Rick,
    Try reading AverageEd's post. It appears that one is stupid and one gave an intelligent response supporting gun ownership.

17. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Well said Ed and Bob. Harry Keet, still trying to stir the pot I see and still tying to emulate a conservative in order to spew your liberal venom.

18. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Its time to start reporting the weather again--when we see anything from harry

Phill

19. Har3rdus

Har3rdus Member

What is with Phil? Is this not the correct place for this discussion? Phil,if you want to discuss dribble, go to another forum. Phil is fixated on the Weather, and that is the one thing in this entire thread that you can not Change. You can predict the weather but you can not change it. Many times the weather man did not get the forecast right anyway. Change comes from an informed people making the correct choice in November. Give us information that we can think about. Phil, take your thermometer outside to play and I will let you know when it is safe to come inside. Who is this Keet person anyway?

True Blue and Diamond Hard,
    Harry

BFF Fhil

20. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

The time to question Mitt Romney's support or lack thereof of the Second Amendment was during the primary. The primary is long since over and Romney is the nominee. Get over it. If you seriously think that Obama would be better for gun owners we can't help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.