1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryland State rules

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kepkey, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kepkey

kepkey TS Member

On June 19th the President of our Maryland State ATA left the Pennsylvania State Shoot with a 79+ average in doubles. On June 22nd he was registered at the Maryland State Shoot in doubles in class D instead of class C. On June 24th he won the class D doubles event. He did not move up in class and on June 26th won another class D doubles trophy. Now you make up your own mind. Is this behavior the same as Congress where they make the rules but don't have to abide by them or is it more like what W.C. Fields once said "if it's worth winning it's worth cheating for".
    Donald Koepke

2. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I have no idea who this person is. Can you possibly post his name, which would be easily found? As a matter of fact, maybe you can mention your own name and whether you are an ATA competitor. When I go on a rant, I mention the name of the person I am ranting about and make sure everyone on the downwind end of my rant knows who I am. I am not an ATA competitor so don't have all this information in my quiver.

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Not as bad as congress, but on the same line.

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

His name is Robert Knode with a 79.04 doubles average. At the Pa. state shoot he shot at 500 doubles targets and averaged 82.2 But between the Pa. state shoot and the Md. state shoot he could have shot doubles which lowered his average to D class.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

If this bothers you so much kepkey...contact the Maryland ATA Delegate and initiate a formal complaint.....

Curt

6. shark1

shark1 Member

I agree with Curt 100% on actions which should be followed. This type of thread will have no winners at the end of the day. Mike Sharkey, DC

7. kepkey

kepkey TS Member

I simply stated the facts. If someone should take action then it should be the two people that got beat out of the trophys. I lost nothing. The winners at the end of the day will be those people that pay attention and don't let the same thing happen to them. All these results were posted on the board. In my opinion the right thing to do would be for Knode to return the trophys and see that they go to the people that actually won them. We are all suppose to gentlemen and our conscience should be our guide.

Donald Koepke

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Show us the evidence. Hearsay is worthless.

Again, if you're so flustered by this, contact the MD Delegate or at the very least the people who are affected by your allegations.

Curt

9. BTDD

BTDD TS Member

For what its worth, look it up. www.msatrap.com

10. kepkey

kepkey TS Member

Curt
    Everyone else but you seems to have it figured out. Try this. Go to:

www.ShootATA.com and pull up Information center and type in Robert L Knode

Then go to www.Marylandtrapshooting.com and pull up State shoot results.

Everything I posted is there. I hope this ends our conversation unless you want to appologize for questioning me.

Don

11. shark1

shark1 Member

The scores are 81 and 84. I do not see the problem. Score not in the top 3 to get moved up in class. The person shot a little better than his average, but not much! I do not understand? No red flags seen. Can you post a certian rule that he broke? Is this a Class D ringer? Mike Sharkey, DC

12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"If someone should take action then it should be the two people that got beat out of the trophys. I lost nothing. The winners at the end of the day will be those people that pay attention and don't let the same thing happen to them."

If the people that should take action it should be the one that got beat. So if that is the case why are you the one complaining????? Seems to me it isn't your business if you aren't taking action. It is history over, running the whole thing past this crowd won't get you anywhere?

Bob Lawless

13. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

My friend Bob Knode is a man of honor who would never cheat the system.

Mr. Koepeke you are a sniper with poor aim.

Guy Babin

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Classic ts.com whiner post...lousy bait...

15. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I second Mr. Babins sentiments exactly...................

D.P.Reynolds

16. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

I have known Bob Knode for many years and I know he would never do anything that was against the ATA rules, I don't know the facts with this hole story but I can tell you he would never do any thing that wasn't legal. He is very honest person. Bill Parker

17. Simone

Simone TS Member

Based on a 5 class system he should have NEVER been classified D based on his last 1000 birds average. He should have obviously known this.

18. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Simone, is that how it's done? the last 1000 birds??

I wasn't aware of that! I thought it was the target years average.. (rolls eyes..)

regardless, this is another example of something that should have been addressed thru shoot management at the time of knowledge.

It's conjecture why, maybe the classifier thought it was a 6 class system?

Maybe they looked at the singles chart...

19. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Another supporter of Bob Knode...one of thee most upstanding people in our sport...if he won ...he really deserved it and class wise he was properly placed...a lot of fuss over a trophy most likely worth $10

20. missed some

missed some TS Member

at most shoots if you win class you do advance........ mark crist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.