1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MARYLAND STATE HOME GROUNDS SHOOT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by carv, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carv

carv Member

Saturday, April 23, 2011
    Traps Open 8:30am, Shoot Starts 9:30am

100 Singles
    100 Handicap
    50 Pair of Doubles

All profits from this shoot will be reinvested in the improvement of our home grounds.

From Interstate 70 & 270 and Frederick, MD. Rt. 15 North, approximately 6 miles to Old Frederick Road. Right on Old Frederick Rd. approximately 5 miles to Hunt Club Road. Turn right, 1 mile to club.

From Pennsylvania and Thurmont, MD. Rt. 550 East from Thurrnont, approximately 6 miles. Bear right on Old Frederick Road. 1 mile, turn left onto Hunt Club Road. 1 mile to club.

Hope to see you there!!!!!

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Wish I could go...not looking good...shoot well Carv

3. carv

carv Member

When do you think you'll be up and around? I know you had somewhat of tough time, hope all is well now!

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I'll be lucky to be up and functional by Sept/Oct ...God willing I hope to be able to get into some winter leagues Carv...hope you and the Mrs. are shooting well...please pass on well wishes to Mr Greb for me when you next see him..I know hes not had an easy time either the past few weeks

5. brumfield_joe

brumfield_joe TS Member

Plan on coming up from Stafford VA hopefully the weather will hold off!!

6. pdq

pdq Member

Is this shoot at Millington?

If not, do you have an address I can put into my GPS?

Thanks,

Pete

7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Nope, Thurmont MD it is.

MARYLAND STATE SPORTSMEN'S ASSOCATION HOME GROUNDS, Thurmont, MD
    From Interstate 70 & 270 and Frederick, MD. Rt. 15 North, approximately 6 miles to Old Frederick Road. Right on Old Frederick Rd. approximately 5 miles to Hunt Club Road. Turn right, 1 mile to club.
    From Pennsylvania and Thurmont, MD. Rt. 550 East from Thurrnont, approximately 6 miles. Bear right on Old Frederick Road. 1 mile, turn left onto Hunt Club Road. 1 mile to club.

Come see us!

Guy Babin

8. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Yep no trubs my friend... however consider the following:

Aline Boom-Boom Babin shall be there also scoring and otherwise donating her services. Perhaps you'd be happier with her "support"?

Ask her if she's running a special....

Lately I've been sleeping on the back porch--perhaps you'll have better luck than me my friend.

Me

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

If the pit beef of the old days will be available, I might drive down for lunch!

Ed

10. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

The last couple of times we've used the Homegrounds a caterer was there for eats. They did a good job. Not sure if they'll be there Sat tho... It's not like you'll starve and waste-away Joe. Bring yer PBJ just in case.

Plans are in the works to continue the transformation of the grounds.

Paul Frank and others in the MSSA have worked their rears off to get Thurmont up and running again. My hat is off to all of them.

This is really an organic effort with many Maryland members donating time and money to help out.

These shoots scheduled for this summer are run-ups to the return of the MD State next year.

Come on out.. we'd appreciate your support.

Guy B.

11. winchesterkid

winchesterkid Member

Is this a registered shoot?

12. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

yep, ATA

13. DTULL

DTULL TS Member

MILLINGTON SHOOTS SATURDAY NON-REGISTERED , CLUB SHOOT, IF YOU DONT WANT TO RIDE RIDE 3 HOURS.

14. brumfield_joe

brumfield_joe TS Member

What type of shoot is going on a Millington ?

15. carv

carv Member

Sorry for not being able to keep up with or respond on the thread. Since posting, I have been working my a** off.

Weather considered, I think the shoot was a success. We had almost 10 full squads of singles. I think about 8 handicap, don’t know doubles. I don’t have a complete list of results. Liz won both high lady singles and handicap. I won singles A with a 98.

We did have food provided by No Bull Barbeque & Catering who did a great job cooking, breakfast, and lunch. Pulled pork barbeque and roast beef were great. They also fixed our electric, nice to have Electricians as the caterer. They will be returning for our August 20-21 shoot.

Thanks to everyone who supported us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.