1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryland shooters and clubs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapperwads, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

visiting Salisbury and Ocean City soon. Any clubs near to do some shooting and will bringing in my guns be affected by new Maryland gun regulations? thanks ed nichols

2. williamkelly

williamkelly Member

Salisbury gun club check web

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Synepatuxent Trap club..very close to OC...nice place and you shouldn't have a problem if you pracrtice safe transportation rules

4. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

My son and I shot at Synapatuxent a few years ago when on vacation in OC and went back last year when staying up at Bethany Beach. Great little club, and very friendly too.

While in OC check out the Crab Bag restaurant. Great crabs and good cold beer!!I'm not sure of their hours this time of year but they have a great all you cab eat special, crabs, cornon the cob, fries and slaw for about $ 20. Yeungling on draft,too!

5. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

Synepuxtent:
    I go there 3 or 4 times a summer. Nicest folks ever and very welcoming. Its a small club so be ready to set up or tear down the eguipment -- not to mention fill the house. Nearby Berlin has excellent restaurants and lots of stores. Not that I'm saying it's a great place to leave the wife.... Finally, on weekends, officail hours are like 11-3 pm...which means it opens whenever the fellas show up and closes whenever they have to leave to run errands. Be flexible.

Owens Station Sporting Clays in Ellendale/Greenwood DE: http://www.owensstation.com/clays.htm Single trap, few skeet and well known for sporting clays. Also, preserve releases birds. Makes dog food my pooch loves!

Delmarva Sporting Clays in Mardela Springs MD (20 mins south of Cambridge). http://www.dscfff.com/ About 50 mins out of OC. Great sporting clays. Funky clubhouse and chatty owner. Small arms shooting too.

6. kgunron

kgunron Member

2day registerd shoot at Millington April 13/14. Great place to shoot. PM me for details. Ron Sutton ATA 8406805

7. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the responses. Went to two clubs yesterday with my shooting partner, Kevin an Ocean City K-9 officer an avid hunter but new to the clay target sports. First to Salisbury..very nice club and friendly folks but mostly skeet shooters with no trapshooters to be found...so on to Synepuxent..extremely friendly folks and a little over two full squads for practice shooting including doubles under good weather conditions. We had shot there once before..several years ago. They told us they are having an open house next weekend with refreshments and a free round of shooting. Thanks again. ed nichols

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.