1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Martin-Zimmerman

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Stl Flyn, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Come on, nothing out there?

Surely some of you had to be watching the fiasco today.

I guess Trayvon was not the 6'4" 250 lb linebacker from the school football team. He was determined to be 158 lbs. and 5'11 at the time of his death. Zimmerman on the other hand has gained 100 lbs while on the jail diet, as per his attorney. He at the time of the incident was 5'7"(Corrected from earlier statements, which was 6'0")and 200 lbs.

Seems his defense lawyers are a little disgruntled, and almost wandering about. They prosecution showed the 7-11 tapes of Trayvon walking in the store and buying the Skittles, and Tea. The prosecution called the clerk as a witness. I was following the live broadcast on a yahoo forum and everyone thought Trayvon was a giant. I guess Zimmerman's attorney thought the same thing. On cross, he asked how tall the clerk was? Answer, 5'7"! Then he proceeded to ask the clerk to stand up in front of the witness stand after asking what kind of shoes he had on. He was about 5 inches shorter than the attorney. OOPS!

Then the attorneys where asked if the defense would allow some extra 911 tapes from Zimmerman's past calls to police while he was on patrol. They said yes. The prosecution played one tape, at which time Zimmerman's lawyer stood up and objected. What a joke. Then the recess until tomorrow, so the prosecution can provide a case for the use of prior calls to prove Zimmerman's motive and mind set, when he said "those a$$holes always get away" and those "F'ing Punks!" Very important information for the second degree murder charge.

Seemed that tape that was played sounded very similar to this case. Supposedly there are more, exhibit 170 through 173. These where the exhibits the attorney's already approved, but then objected to.

Mr. west in the opening statement for Zimmerman was almost running a trial. He was objected by the prosecution multiple times for the almost three hour excursion, to the point of looking amateurish. He said it was pitch black 20 times when defending against other witnesses, but their lead witness must have had eagle eyes. He seen color and everything. Then he said while in discussion about what Zimmerman had said to the nurse about how he sustained his injuries, while in the hospital. Zimmerman said "I fell down" according to Mr. West. Hmmm.

Things are getting interesting. Seems George was afraid of dogs, so he bought a gun, and obtained a CCW permit.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I have no faith in this three ring circus. Zimmerman will be convicted regardless of the facts.

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

B in O,

I share your pessimism, but I since the ruling on the tape recordings I think much will hinge on the witness who saw/heard the altercation - he places Zimmerman on the ground being beaten, and after hearing the shot places Martin falling to the ground and Zimmerman getting up staggering.

Remember too that this did not 'come to life' as an issue until AFTER NBC aired edited tapes (an act for which they have been sued) - played in toto, without the edit Zimmerman's story runs true.

Only when you hear the altered tapes does a question of profiling come into play.

Do not forget, that at any time Zimmerman may still invoke the 'stand your ground' law - he has in no way given that up, so if the trial appears to be turning against him he always has that venue.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Don't you guys know the media is making a big deal of at least 6 of the jurys are white women. Anyway that's what the media was complaining about a week ago. I haven't kept up with the story lately, so I don't know what the rest of the racial makeup of the jury is. But you know with 6 white women at least half of em have to be racist. My only thought was who are these racist women going to despise more, the White Hispanic Zimmerman, or Trayvon?

The media isn't going to be happy until the town is in flames.

5. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Let's face it, if they were able to seat a jury from that area that say they are not aware of this case, well, do you think they are intelegent enough to be able to retain key information from the court proceedings and to then be able to come to a verdict on this case?

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Rick,

We all know that Stl is .... up & locked tight with Prince Zero. I can't imagine why I even looked at this thread? Morbid curiosity, I guess. Darn, I hate when that happens. Courtroom drama always plays out to Halo & Horn.

Kip

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Zimmerman did the humain thing and killed him swiftly so he and the rest of the world didn't suffer ... The kid was a gandbanger according to everything that has been said and proven, live by the sword, don't mess with a man with a gun ... Good Riddance and RIP Trayvon (son of Obama ) ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rick, I'm with you on that one. Stl has for the past year found Zimmerman guilty. I think He made a stupid mistake by not following directions and basically created the problem but still has a right to protect himself. Jackie B.

9. Stl Flyn

Same as all of you saying Trayvon Martin was guilty of everything under the sun, of which Zimmerman had every right to pursue him, and convict him of without a trial and jury, right?

Guilty of what? If you think he made a mistake, what did that mistake lead to? Profiling, and the pursuit is why he is on trial. Intent is what has to be proven. We already know who shot Trayvon Martin.

You have to understand the perimeters of the charges, of which he is charged, and laws within them. Murder for instance is a pretty broad charge. Many different degrees of murder, or charges for killing someone.

Kip,

99 percent of the time I am either proving stupid BS, false information, or showing total hipocricy of statements, and accusations. You seem to have the most problem with that. You seem to be the know it all, supremacist type that believes all of your information to be true from your right wing sites, and all others are wrong. That is your personality, and it shows. They are your opinions and you are entitled to them, but when you degrade and show disregard for an individual because they air theirs that are different then yours, you think you are a better individual then them. You are far from that! This goes for all of you, not just you Kip!

Now, let see how this trial plays out, and what comes of it through evidence of witnesses, and information.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Many white people are afraid of black hostility.

(OJ got off because they were afraid of riots.)

Zimmerman will have a very uphill battle.

I am reminded of the 2 white reporters out east who were beaten by a black mob, and the police refused to prefer charges against any of the blacks.

Reverse discrimination is at a high point htese days.

HM

11. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

He won't get a "fair" trial, since "evidence" has been thrown out and WHERE is his jury of "peers"???

In all sense of the word, there should be a mis-trial.

Yep he, Martin(thief,active in criminal activity) is Obo's son, LIKE father like son as the ole saying goes.

12. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

It has already turned into another courtroom soap opera. The Kardashians won't be able to top this one.

13. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Stl, I readily agree that although Trayvon was no poster child, he had a right to life. I wonder if we will ever find out the real truth. I honestly believe Zimmerman should have stayed his butt in the truck and this would never have happened. He was also carrying and was not supposed to be, even though he had a legal right to carry. Bottom line is that Zimmerman created this monster and will have to live with it. He did have a right to protect himself.

Recent reports of road rage concern me. I normally have a pistol of some sort with me in every vehicle and though I will never try to cut someone off, if it does happen, I will protect myself but they will have to break out the window first. We will see this road rage happening more and more I believe. Jackie B.

14. Stl Flyn

The right to protect himself was never questioned by me, ever! The reason why he had to protect himself is what is in question. That is the basis also of what you state.

"Trayvon was no poster child", that sentence right there is the main basis for this trial. All after the fact information! We all know what was later posted by the people that convicted Trayvon Martin of illegal, and bad behavior, along with totally false information, that made George Zimmerman a hero in their eyes, by pursuing, causing the confrontation, and killing him, right?

Frame of mind, and mindset going into George Zimmerman's actions are what has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Very difficult! This is where previous actions, and behavior come into question, and would need to be allowed in the judicial process. Even still, that does not mean that Zimmerman was thinking the same way in this case. A pattern of behavior has to be proven.

It is only a matter of time, before your road rage reference comes to fruition. I am not referring to you, but in the near future it will become a relatively frequent occurrence. People are being stressed to the breaking point, and when driving down the road becomes a non-individual, or non-personal occurrence, it ups the chances of it happening. Just like Zimmerman, once a person leaves their car to confront someone, they are opening the door for the same treatment.

15. 100straight

100straight Member

All of this is another prelude to the impending civil war.

16. Stl Flyn

Evidence is starting to come forward that contradicts, not only the very heavy information opening statements of Mr. West, but also the statements taken from Zimmerman as to where he was attacked, and the shooting took place. Obviously this is the prosecutions turn to do this, but it shows that some of the opening statements, and Zimmerman's statements of what happened, seem not possible with the contradicting evidence presented.

When you look at the position of Trayvon Martin's body, and location, which according to testimony so far was just rolled off of Zimmerman, it is not even close to concrete, which would indicate that his head was not being pounded into the concrete at the time of the shooting.

Interesting note: The bullet did not pass through the body. Could have been a very telling detail. Also, Zimmerman's undershirt is very similar in color to Trayvon's outer garment. Zimmerman's outer jacket was taken off if you recall. Possibly laying next to Trayvon Martin.

17. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I've always wondered why Trayvon didn't stop and tell Zimmerman he was just after candy?

18. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

What I don't get is at what point did Zimmerman decide to use his gun?

He didn't just draw the gun and shoot.

He was badly beaten and obviously in a fight without using the gun. That would show that he used restraint with deadly force.

So when did Zimmerman actually decide to use the gun then draw and shoot using deadly force?

The guy Martin had a chance to withdraw from the fight while it was still a fist fight and walk....

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I'm 74 years old. I will not let anyone hit me with their fists or anything else. Me and Sam Colt will see to that.

I also do not let myself get into places where that could happen.

I'm with George.

HM

20. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Zimmerman will be found guilty. The jurors and everyone else knows if he is not convicted the blacks will riot just as they did in Los Angeles...Bill