1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Marsing Idaho $600 Custer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

For all you Idaho and Eastern Oregon & Southeastern Washington shooters. Marsing Gun Club in Marsinh Idaho is have an all day shoot. The main event is a Custer with a purse total of $600 ( 1st is $300) Today March 14th. I have no affiliation with Marsing other than being a neighbor club. Get out there and win some $$$$ & support the good folks at Marsing

2. XTerminator

XTerminator Member

I'm new at this. How does a "Custer" work?

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Around here in Idaho everybody lines up side by side at the 27 yd line. First shooter shoots, if he breaks it the second shooter shoots next and anytime the shooter misses, the next person can shoot also and the next until it hits the ground or someone breaks it. Anytime a shooter or shooters miss and someone hits it, they all go to the end of the line. That is called one buy back. You only get one so if it happens again you are eliminated. The last shooters ( usually one per every five) are the winners so if there were 25 shooters it pays 5 places. The one at marsing will pay three $300, $200 & $100. If a shooter hits his target and someone else shoots by mistake, they get a hick or are out if they already have one. If three or four guys miss and you break it, they are all moved to end or out. It can also be played with no buy backs and Marsing may do that. Not sure? I have played it all over the U.S. In Indiana it was called a Killer, Some call it a Annie Oakley

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Ok, Western Guys...at first, I thought you called it a "Cluster," which upon further reflection makes pretty good sense. Here I was ready to give you well-deserved credit for an incisive addition to the trapshooting lexicon.

But then I read it again, and sure enough - you botched it.

Ahem...may I suggest a simple letter addition? (This one has possibilities, reeeeeeeal possibilities).

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

The name "Custer" comes from the Custer Gun Club located just inside the border with Canada in Washington State. Their website indicates they no longer shoot trap but at one time it was a great gathering place for shooters from both sides of the border. The fun and games were a big part of the activity and the easy availability of duty free booze at the border helped fuel the fun.

But that was then - - - .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.