1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Marocchi Shotgun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Woods, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Looking for some assistance evaluating a Marocchi Over / Under Shotgun that was stolen from a friend. This was a trap model, no choke tubes.I think this shotgun was in a wooden presentation gun case and was made in the 80's. Anyone with any suggestions.

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Joe,

Try a different website: www.shotgunworld.com.....Marocchi's are a great value...they were a step up from the Verona (later became Zoli) and Rizzini (later became CG)....of course, the new Zolis and the new CGs are better guns....

Morocchi's are not quite as good as Gambas, but better than Lanber and Winchester 101s (new ones).....they are better than Rugers, Remington and some Citoris....but not quite as good as Berettas.....

They were similar to the Verona LX models and most people preferred the Marocchi....

(By the way, brand name recognition is an issue in resale. Most people have no clue what is a Marocchi ....)

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I had a Marocchi Conquista Sporting grade 1 I bought new in '93 on sale for $1400. Probably the finest O/U shotgun I've ever owned for the money. Had to sell it trying to get my daughter through college. If I ever get a chance at another one I won't hesitate.

Wayne

wayneo_2008_030314.jpg

4. Joe Woods

Thankyou Gentlemen, appreciate all the help.
    Still working on it. Checking out my old Gun Digests.

All the Best.

Joe Woods/Ontario

5. unplugged

unplugged Active Member

Marocchi is still in buisness and a guy in Calif. is importing "small" numbers. Their base gun was not the equal to a B.Rizzini.

Rizzini did not "become" CG! B. Rizzini ( there are several "Rizzini" gunmakers!) nephews became CG after they left B. Rizzini. B. Rizzini is still in buisness and in my opinion are better guns than CG, they (B.Rizzini) do not have the marketing in the USA. They are sold by Conneticut Shotgun Mfr.

And Verona is not "now" ZOLI. Verona is a MARKETING FIRM that buys guns form different makers and imports them to the USA. ZOLI made one "MODEL" for Verona. That Verona (980)is identical to the Zoli "Kronos" the cheaper of the Zoli line now imported.Several other Italian makers, have made cheaper models for Verona!

As in Rizzini there was more than one "ZOLI." Angelo Zoli made and importted CHEAP guns many years ago.(including those sold by Sears.)
    Antonio Zoli the current "ZOLI" in the USA has been in buisness in Italy for many years making higher line of guns.
    It is the Antonio Zoli "higher" line of guns that currently imported into the USA!

As an aside Marocchi now offer one version of their O/U that is also a BOSS action reciever, as well as the "older" Marocchi Conquista design imported some years ago!They have an "english" language website.

http://www.marocchiarms.com/index.php?sprache=0

6. Slugo

Slugo Member

+1 for the Marocchi Conquista Sporting!!

7. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

Mr Joe Woods/Ontario,

I have been shooting the same Marocchi (Contrast)since 1986 and I think I am knowledgeable about Marocchi....Feel free to PM me and I will help you as much as I can....btw, some of the information you have received, so far, has been good but some other info has not been quite right.....Terry

8. Joe Woods

Hi Terry : I am trying to put an insurance quote together for a customer .
    The customer is genuine, making an effort to evaluate the marocchi firearm.
    I get the impression this specific firearm was a presentation gun.The gun was in a wooden case.This is a trap model , O/U.
    I have a Gun Digest 1985 which pictures the Marocchi America Target Shotgun & Marocchi Contrast Cup / Marocchi O/U Shotgun.
    I am not familiar with either model. The America Target model has a higher rib.Both models have venting between the barrels.
    Thankyou
    Joe Woods/Ontario

9. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

Joe,
    A direct company contact would be: Olivanda Ziliani and her e-mail addy is: olivandaziliani@marocchiarmi.it

Without knowing additional information i.e. specific model, amount of engraving, the name of the engraver, etc., it would be impossible for me to give you a dollar figure. However I can tell you that in 1985/1986 the BASE PRICE for a Marocchi Contrast with no engraving and standard wood was 2500(euro)which equaled 4000(usd)......If you need any help just ask......Terry

10. Joe Woods

Evaluation is always difficult. The insurance company has asked that I determine replacement value.Difficult without pictures.
    But I will make a determination.
    Thankyou for your help. This Marocchi was likely one of a kind.

Joe Woods/Ontario

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Marocchi is still in business they probably have info on the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

marocchi conquista

marocchi contrast trap
marocchi shotgun for sale
marocchi shotgun review
marocchi shotgun reviews

marocchi shotguns

marocchi shotguns for sale
marocchi trap