1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Marlin 39A - Sold

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Gross Man, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Marlin Model 39A in very good condition with Weaver 29S scope and Redfield mounts. Serial number is H8642 and made in 1951. This is a takedown model with 24" barrels. It is marked S L & LR. Can anyone estimate what this is worth or possibly make a realistic offer. My neighbor is downsizing and would like to sell this gun. Thanx, Billy Gross

P.S. The owned decided to sell and found a local buyer. Thanx to all who helped value the gun. Billy Gross

2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

If it was made in 1951, he probably has a 39A Third model, Second variation. In 95% condition some where around $450.00 From on line Blue Book as reference.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Those are highly sought after rifles with quality that you just don't see these days. $450 may very well be the book value but I think you could do quite a bit better. What current production .22 could you buy for $450 that would come anywhere near the quality that a M39A from the 50's has?

I will pm an offer in the event the rifle is actually up for sale.

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

0   0   0

Got 3 of them and they are about the best .22 I have ever shot, ones a mountie (carbine) a 39 Century LTD made for their 100th anniversary, but like a dumb kid I shot it quite a bit so the collectors value is gone, and my Dad's 39A rifle

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If its a "pre safety" model, I would keep it and keep shooting it.

In great shape they are worth $450 like Mike said.

I kick myself for ever selling the ones I had, still have one but would have had 3. Oh well.

6. Rubicon_Joey

Rubicon_Joey Active Member

0   0   0

I bought one for my father at a gun show earlier this year. I can't quite remember the exact number but I believe it was in the $450-$500 range in pretty good shape. There were a couple small dings in the wood, the laminate on the grip cap was coming off and it was missing the front sight hood. I had a time finding one that wasn't $800 (way too high) or looked like it was drug behind a truck and then gnawed on by a dog. If I was in the market for one I would pay $450 without thinking twice for one in good shape and up to $500 if it's in great shape. However if one in good shape for $450 was sitting next to one for $500 in great shape, I would chose the good shape gun. This is just my personal preference though, to me the guns have no collectors value and if it's mechanically sound a few scratches here and there don't bother me. They are quality guns and will last for ages if taken care of.

All that being said, a brand new one isn't much more, which I think drives the price quite a bit on the older ones even though the older ones are better guns.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Don't know about the take down model but the 39A is my favorite .22 Rifle. I have four other .22 rifles but always seem to grab the Marlin. Mine is also equipped with an old Weaver fixed power scope. If I had to grab just a few guns to survive with, the 39A would be on my list.
    [​IMG]

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

New Marlin 39A's are nowhere near the quality of the original old New Haven guns...if its in real nice shape its the much better choice than the new production "Remlins" ..$450 would be my basement price on selling even a mediocre original 39A

9. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Around here they bring $450 to $550 in very nice condition. I liked the one I had years ago (1957 or so) but this is its replacement... Squirrels can't hear me work the lever.
    [​IMG]

10. Firewater

Firewater Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

sent you a pm. Thanks, Mike

11. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

I will pass info and PMs on to owner. Thanx, Billy

12. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

0   0   0

$450 to $550 around Central Indiana.

13. bogey67401

bogey67401 Member

0   0   0

I paid $500 for a 39D and I thought I stole it. It was in good condition(90-95%).

14. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

The owned decided to sell and found a local buyer. Thanx to all who helped value the gun. Billy Gross

15. Firewater

Firewater Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I dont think this gun was ever for sale here.I tried to buy this gun for 4 or5 days and all I ever got was "the owner is not sure".Never got a price or that the gun was for sale .After you figured out what it was worth he suddenly decided to sell then quickly had a local buyer. Respectfully ,Mike

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yeah fishing expedition for price.

17. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have two. Both Mounties, one says 39A Mountie. The other actually says Golden 39A Monitor. Any idea of their value?
    Also a Marlin 57M. Value?

Search tags for this page

1957 39a mountie blue trigger

1957 marlin 22

1957 marlin 39a mountie

1957 marlin 39a value

marlin 39 mountie for sale

marlin 39a 1951

marlin 39a for sale louisiana

marlin 39a scope mounts