1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Marlin 25N

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FIB, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

I have been looking for an inexpensive .22 LR bolt action rifle and came across a nice Marlin 25N. I can get it for $100.00. Has anyone owned this rifle and have you been pleased with it? Also the barrel is marked .22lr but I've heard that I can shoot ANY .22 (short, long, cb) with it in a single shot mode, is this true? Thanks in advance.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

That is a good price and yes it will shoot 22 s, 22l and 22lr

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I have both the 25N and 25MN (22 mag).

I put synthetic stocks on both and simple scopes (i.e., cheap) both shoot very well.

I've never had any problems with either one.

Mags can be tough to find (especially for the 22 mag), but I've built up a collection of them - even some 10 rounders.

The 22 LR shoots anything I feed it.

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I picked one up a while back for a young guy I was teaching to shoot. Very good value and it shot minute of a ground squirrel out to 100 yards.

This gun will shoot .22 shorts or .22 LR and will feed either through the magazine. .22 longs are more or less obsolete but I suppose they would work too.

Speaking of magazines, be sure to get an extra one or two, they have a way of getting misplaced. (lesson learned the hard way)

5. FIB

FIB Member

Thanks guys. It seems like a well made rifle for the price. Any idea when marlin made them?

6. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Fib......I think they still make them. 100 bucks is a great price and they shoot really well......can't go wrong with the Marlin 22's......Uncle Sam, Pa.

7. C-Money

C-Money Member

My Dad bought me one for Christmas when I was a kid. Great rifle. You may remember that gun sale Uncle Sam. I now have a model 917v 17hmr Marlin. About the same gun. Very good rifles.

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I've had one for years. Solid, safe training rifle for kids but the out-of-the-box trigger isn't great.

-Gary

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    My kids both trained with an old Marlin 25Y. This is the shorter stocked, shorter barreled, single shot version. Iron sights for indoor range, 4x scope for field use. Trigger isn't the best, but the gun is surprisingly accurate for what it is. Here's a pic of my daughter Heather with the Marlin on a gray digger trip.

[​IMG]

10. shrek

shrek Active Member

I have a 25N, it has been a dandy shooter. the trigger can safely be lightened by changing a spring.

I also have a 925, which is the version that replaced the 25N, it has been nice too.

There is a way to age Marlins based on serial number coding.

You can probably find how that works at rimfirecentral.com along with a wealth of information.

11. Shane in WI

Shane in WI TS Member

I bought one years ago and it is probably the most accurate 22 I own. Shoots very well w/ the Simmons Scope I have on it. Good gun at a good price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

marlin 25n rifle review