1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Markers job ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crusha, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Sounds like he was just trying to get it right.

2. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Mr. Grill:

You wrote, "I thought it was only our responsibility to say it was a dead target if they called lost and it was indeed broke."

and...

"Didn't think it was the job of squad mates to say loss?"

My opinion is that you should read and familiarize yourself with the rules. Had you done so, you would know Section VII, part A states in part, "The referee/scorer's decision on whether a target is dead or lost is final, subject to review only by the shoot committee or other governing body."

Squad members are not responsible for, nor is it their job, to correct scoring errors of either kind. However, IMO shooters are honor bound to bring erroneous calls (either dead or lost) to the scorer's attention. The final decision then rests with the scorer unless his/her decision is overruled by the designated shoot authorities.

sissy

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

The shooter or any other squad member should immediately politely question an errant call by the scorer. The error can be either a dead target called lost or a lost target called dead.

Pat Ireland

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The shooter in question should have asked the scorer what she/he saw to make the call. Usually those younger eyes can see small pieces older trapshooters couldn't begin to see. We had a loss called on a shooter on my squad at the MO state shoot during the singles championships and the scorekeeper called a loss, I saw a small piece come off the back and down. I immediately called it a dead bird since I was looking directly at the clay from station 2 and saw the small piece fall off the back side. As it turned out, it was the old man's very first 200 straight in 50 years shooting! At the time I didn't realize he was straight and told him afterward, if we were quail hunting and he nicked a bird like that, he'd have to run it down himself!! Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.