1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MARK WEEKS... National Shotgun Coach... Fired!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Mark resigned according to usa shooting

http://www.usashooting.com/viewRelease.php?id=356

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

That is too bad-

Too many opinions on how things should be run-- if you hire someone you need to have a contract with him/her on what is required and then them go for it.

You need to do your research and decide that the person you are hiring is going in the direction you want and that their personality fits the values you want.

How do you do that in this short of time period?

There isnt a lack of money or resources to get this flowing- there is a lack of direction.

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. the old guy

the old guy TS Member

Hey guys. Knock off the speculation and rumor. Mark was doing what he thought was best. Gene is right to a point. Unfortunately, Mark's strategy wasn't in keeping with the direction of USAS. No one can be another Lloyd or Burl or Dean. Hopefully Bob Mitchell and Co. will let the cream rise to the top and find the right person to make us win in Munich in 2010 and beyond.

Paul

4. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

Barring any kind of malfeasance on Mark Weeks' part, this doesn't make the board and/or the management of USA Shooting look very good. To have this level of disagreement so soon kinda demonstrates that they didn't vet candidate Weeks very well, or he didn't know what they expected of him when they hired him. At any rate, now it's more time and money to find somebody else.

5. the old guy

the old guy TS Member

Hey Sportshot, how about putting your name on your post to give it some credibility. Dean isn't from 30 years ago, he is now. John is right, maybe goals weren't completely communicated so let's all learn from this and move forward. Bickering isn't going to help anything.
    Paul Bobby

6. the old guy

the old guy TS Member

First, I don't consider myself to be one of the "insider power group". I'm just an "Old Guy" that loves the game and wishes he had the opportunity these kids have. When I was young, my Dad wanted me to be a musician. I wanted to be a shooter. I became mediocre at both. I'm not making any demands. I said "Maybe" goals weren't communicated echoing John. My initial comment was that I thought Mark was doing what he thought was best. Hopefully the USAS management team will work this out for everyone's benefit. One more thing, I think we still have a few Constitutional Amendments that allow me to speak my piece.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I actually think its good the oldguy is posting

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

sportshot being his normal arrogant self. Soon he will go back and delete the threads.

Sportshot maybe you should be the one to not post anymore and the excuse for not posting your name, pure BS. It's like when someone asked about your scores/averages and you developed amnesia.

You owe "the old guy" an apology but you being the class-less one we know that won't happen.

Don

9. the old guy

the old guy TS Member

It's awful nice to have friends. I guess I have a few. Thanks guys.

10. the old guy

the old guy TS Member

Thank you very much. Also, thanks for putting this to rest.

11. Professor G

Professor G TS Member

Sportshot = Charles Costello = Aurora, Colorado = USAS "E" Class Shooter.

Whatever happened between Mr. Weeks and the USAS Board is non of anybody's business but their own. None of you speculators have any part of any dog in this fight. This topic on this website and speculating about it on the World Wide Web is ridiculous and you all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Costello,

This is hardly the first time that you've shot your big mouth off. May I recommend that you spend more time improving your shooting skills on the range and less time spreading your ignorance and misinformation on ANY website. You are just another example of a no talent never was that wants to stir the pot, spread rumors and put your big fat nose into something that you have no business even knowing about.

Professor G

12. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Subject: Sport Coat Gun Finish/Marvin Spinks

Email:

Date: 12-Aug-09

No personal attack, just reality! He's a first class egotistical jerk/schmuck/a-hole.

Mike,

You made reference to him being associated with USA Shooting. That's total BS! He has nothing to do nor has he ever had anything to do with USA Shooting. On the other hand if he did, it wouldn't have surprised me since USA Shooting doesn't have such a great record of its hiring or association practices in the past and present. These are the same people that thought it was a great idea to hire the likes of Steve Richards, Bob Jursnick, Wanda Jewel and Bob Mitchell among many other gems. So USA Shooting doesn't get an atta boy for great foresight and judgement in whom they hire and associate.

Spinks is running around trying to find anyone that will listen to his BS that already doesn't know him personally and especially his past. These mainly consist of well off Trap Mom's that want their little angle to be the next Olympic Gold Medalist! They lap up his nonsense. He really loves to puff himself up about being an ISSF certified coach. I can equate that to having a doctorate degree in philosophy. Sounds great, but the daily practical applications are irrelevant. This title might be important if he was a National Coach in a well funded federation, but this is obviously not the case. Due to Spinks' mouth, BS and past, he'll never get a smell at a position like that. Come on, if he can't even be up front with a guy about his fore-end and it takes over a year and the intervention of another connected party to return it, then what more do you need to hear?

AFRICA + BIG CAT + TREE + SPOTS = LEOPARD

Professor G

13. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Subject: Olympic Bunker Trap In Arizona

Email:

Date: 20-May-09

Well I am sitting here having my morning cup of coffee and as I read this thread I nearly spit up all over my laptop. I knew if I was patient then Baber would put some nonsense on the thread.

Baber, you are so two faced. The problem with you is that you have been guilty of so many senseless rants yourself that you can not even remember them all. I have listened to you rant about Kerrville on your own range. I over heard you again in the parking lot of Kerrville on how "They don't throw a legal target here". Now you pretend to be all self righteous. Is this because you just want to suck up to Burch for some perverse reason or just because you are a pathalogical idiot?

I took my posts down because I realized that you members of the sunshine brigade can not handle reality, nor do you have the capacity to change the status quo. You all talk a good game. Speaking about talking a good game. Over the past many years that I have read this website and after listening to Baber run his big mouth, you would have thought that he is some hot shot shooter. Guess again. Because many of you don't have access to USA Shooting's website, I'll tell you that he has a 59% average over 1,200 targets. I would expect that kind of average from some rookie, but how many years have you been shooting bunker? Someone would think that after that many years you would be able to at least hit 3/4 of them. I can bet you that Erickson is not using you as a resume filler on his website.

I am not the problem. I simply identified the problem. You can't handle the truth.

Professor G

14. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Subject: Sport Coat Gun Finish/Marvin Spinks

Email:

Date: 10-Aug-09

Marvin Spinks claims to have been a world class shooter, but in fact he is definitely a world class egotistical jerk and has been one for over thirty years. Marvin was stationed at the Army Marksmanship Unit and detested by everyone in the rifle unit, so much so that he was shunned by his own team mates. He then decided to hang out at the shotgun range. The shotgunners quickly learned to hate him as well. Nobody on the AMU had any respect for this jerk. He didn't retire from International Shooting. He was made to retire because of his own big fat mouth. He really thinks he's god gift to the world. When you first meet him he can be personable, but he has running mouth disease and he'll begin to prove just what kind of jerk he really is in a short period of time.
    These stories don't surprise me one bit. Stay away from this guy at all costs. Leopards never lose their spots.

Professor G

15. crusha

crusha TS Member

This thread is too hilarious for words!

We realize you Olympic guys don't have your own website, so please...feel free to sling dung at each other here for our amusement.

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Sportsh?t: I see you have a whole other fan club. Wow am I impressed.

If you are Charles Costello from CO, there are no ATA shooting records available due to the fact that you are not a paid member. So don't get in any ATA discussions as you don't belong.

Don

17. GR8Guns

GR8Guns TS Member

It’s unfortunate that Mark resigned.

It will be tough for anyone trying to fill that job behind Woodhouse’s legacy.

However, for the most part when looking back over the last 40+ years of International and Olympic Shotgun Shooting, you’ll notice a trend.

The simple facts bear out that a majority of the top International and Olympic Shotgun medalist from the USA spent time in the military at places like Benning, Lackland or Quantico.

A few names that come to mind are Morrison, Stafford, Little (Yes, even Frank spent time at Benning), Abbot, Beck, Horner, Jones, Garrigous, Halldeman, Carlisle, Clark, Dryke, Hancock, and Erickson to name just a few.

Sadly, the great programs at Lackland and Quantico that helped a lot of great shooters become even better shooters are just a memory.

Good luck in trying to find a replacement, I think Dean is pretty content to remain at Hook Range amongst the Tall Pines there.

Regards,
    BE
    Iowa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mark weeks shooting

marvin spinks
marvin spinks fired
who is marvin spinks