1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Stevens in hospital (Calamity SJ's husband)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Mark Stevens in hospital (Calamity SJ

Please keep Mark and Sally Stevens (from Buffalo, MN) in your thoughts and prayers. Mark is in the hospital for triple bypass surgery. He will miss hunting season this year.

If you have some funny pictures to cheer him up, I'm sure that Sally can print them out for him at some point. He'll get a smile out of those.

Sally and Mark are good people.

2. recurvyarcher

Don't worry, Chester will bring some in for ya 'til you can get back.

[​IMG]

3. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Hi Sally,

Give our best to Mark and we wish him a speedy recovery. See you both in the spring.

Dean and Dennis

4. recurvyarcher

My little friend says that he'll help you out this season. He's a little on the radical side, though.

[​IMG]

5. Toddy

Toddy Member

Sally,

Hoping for the best for you and Mark for a speedy recovery...we will be praying for you.

Reg. Todd, (hawaiian wannabe)

6. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I hope the jokes don't hurt the chest wound too much. Get well soon. AJ

7. Duluth Fatboy

Duluth Fatboy Banned User Banned

Get well soon Mark, hope to see you this winter. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Pam and George

8. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Thanks, Devi, for your sweet thread. It's been a shock and a big surprise for Coach but, because he's had to wait for the surgery over the weekend (in the hospital hooked up to monitors, naturally!) he's had some time to get adjusted to the idea. What he hasn't adjusted to is the idea that he won't be hunting this year. We're working on that still.

The doctors say his case is a 'slam dunk' because he's got all the right stuff to make the surgery a success. I'll just be happy when he's home.

Wait until he finds out that his hamburger days are going to be severely restricted. Whoo boy.

CSJ

9. OldMnGopher

OldMnGopher TS Member

We will be thinking of Mark tomorrow that everything goes well. He will be home before you know it. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. Bob and Annie

10. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Mark and Sally

We wish you both the best as always. We have some great medical facilities here and we're sure your in good hands. Keep your chins up and listen to the doctors. Maybe you can convert one or two into shooters and students. Let us know if there is anything we can help with.

Bob and Mary Lou

11. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

Calamity,
    You and Mark will be in our prayers. My wonderful wife just had her 2nd stint put in this year and both times things went great. The power of prayer is huge, and we have to keep the faith in our lord. Trapshooters.com seems to have a large base of belivers, so I am sure you will have loads of prayers.

I got this pic from Tron's Cat (Kitty's) cousin. His has just finished his training at Purrfect Shot Shooting School.
    Jeff Ryals

12. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Mark here. Thank you for all your well-wishes, your visits, your kind words and your prayers. The trapshooting community is one of the finest groups I've ever been associated with and I am so proud to be part of it. I'm sure I'll pull through this just fine and Sally will keep you informed of my progress.

I'm looking forward to standing on the line again next spring and competing with you all soon. Until then you will all be in my prayers too. Thank you. Mark aka Coach

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Calamity, that boy can have a hamburger now and again just don't get fat in it. looks as though you better get yourself and that pup down here so we can get both of ya hunten. We'll send coach pics.

I'll send mark a love note so as to make him feel better :)

14. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Surgery's in under 5 hours and Coach is a little apprehensive. Thanks for all your posts--they really help! I'll update when he's back in his room and settled in. It's amazing how routine something like open heart surgery is nowadays, and how quickly they kick you out. He should be home by Thursday!

15. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I had an old dear friend I used to hunt pheasants and ducks with. He had a quad by pass on the Monday following opening duck season. We went hunting pheasants in Iowa four weeks later. This was 30 years ago and he was 62 at the time. Don't give up on hunting this year yet. Good luck and have a speedy recovery.

Mark Zauhar

16. sawmill

sawmill TS Member

Will power is a great healer. I'm sure you both will be back in the field before you know it. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

The Scribners
    Bob & Laurel

17. recurvyarcher

Hang in their, Sally. I know how you're feelin' right about now. Just sent prayers your way.

18. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

He just went in. The doctor said they're going to try for a quadruple bypass if they can so we'll hunker down and wait. Thanks again for all the support. Sally

19. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Sally, our thoughts and prayers are with you and Mark. Mike & Trudy in Alberta

20. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Quadruple bypass, vent's out, the recovery begins. He's not quite fully awake yet but has already told me he loves me. He also told the nurse, the respiratory tech,......! Long road to recovery but we're on our way. Sal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.