1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mark, Pat, Neil

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jimbob, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I'll give you guys an example of the ATA "taking care of their own" at the state level.
    This is second hand info, so I guess it qualifies as "rumor". At best people will say it is a rumor I admit but the individual I got this from is solid, period.

1. A certain target vendor submits a valid and timely bit to supply the Ky state shoot with targets.
    2. Later ask to re-submit bid due to who knows what? Lost bid?
    3. Guess what? Same certain vendor is under - bid by 1 cent per case.
    4. Well handled I would say.... Not at all suspicious....
    Nothing will ever be done about it except for the forming of negative opinions and attitudes. Opinions and attitudes that people will never forget.
    That's all...
    Neil, can I prove this.. I'd say that I could get you in contact with the person that has the facts.. Mark, do you know something about the 2006 "selection" that ATA members should know?

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

WBJP, state associations are independent corporations which follow their own diverse business practices and (1) do not have to ask how to handle target bids and (2) are grownups.

I don't know what happened. You don't know what happened. Pat doesn't, if I may speak for him. The ATA takes care of its own in ways other than this but is very unlikely to get into this sort of thing

Neil

3. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

Wild Bill,
    I really think this is possible on an honest bid. Example-Once while I was in the Electrical Contracting, we were bidding a project in the mid $40,000. and I won it by $13.
    These things happen
    Sonny

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Neil spoke accurately for me. I have no information on the purported incident. I do know that the ATA has nothing to do with the operations of the state organizations.

Pat Ireland

5. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

See reply on thread to Wild Bill JP on Ky targets

Terry Dean

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Terry- It would appear that Wild Bill posted inaccurate information in an attempt to make a point. That is sad. It would bring into question other information he might post on this site in the future.

Pat Ireland

7. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

It would appear that Pat is discrediting something that he doesn't have any info on other than what I posted in an attempt to convince most readers to do the same. That is sad. It would raise questions as to why???
    "inaccurate information"
    You know it's "inaccurate information" because ?
    I'm not one of the "in crowd" so it's easy to discredit what I say??
    Yea Kolar Dan, it could happen but my opinion is that being under-bid by 1 single cent per case after already submitting a bid and then hearing some excuse to re-submit a bid is suspicious. That’s what I think. That’s what I said earlier. Here's what I think, plain and simple. The bids were opened. The wrong individual had the lowest bid. They " I don't know who" ask for another round of bids. The right person bid with insider information as to exactly how much to bid to get the contract. My opinion....

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Terry Dean provided a rather detailed explanation of why person had to resubmit a bid on the targets. With the price increases in targets, it was not too uncommon for suppliers to submit revised bids. The bids were always higher.

I know Terry and am absolutely convinced that he would never slant the type of information he posted on the other thread. Terry is the most honest ditch digger I know.

Pat Ireland

9. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Here's the link to the other thread with Terry's response.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.