1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Burgess 27 yd. pin

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by harpo_old, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

Mark shot sunday @ Brush Creek (Ind.) broke 97 from the 26 1/2 for his 27 yd. pin. This will be Marks 51st yr. attending the grand. and he still shoots a mdl 12 , good job Mark.

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Congrats Mark, you old fart!

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Congratulations on attaining the 27 yard line! That's good shooting.

4. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

Thank you everyone, for the acknowledgement!

I know that many people feel that getting a punch on their card is a punishment, but not me. I LOVE IT!

After earning the equivalent of 3 yards at the Grand last year, I was as happy as a Pig in slop. I had to shoot penalty 25 and they put a 1 1/2 on top of that for 26 1/2. I told several people that my goal this year was to earn that last 1/2 yard.

Well, Sunday 8/1/10, I DID IT! I haven't had the money to shoot much this year. Sunday was only my third 100 registered handicap targets this year with maybe 100 practice.

I had been back to the 26 as a teenager, many, many years ago but I took time out to go to college, get married and raise a family. Somehow, during all those years I always found a way to shoot at least the day of the Grand.

This year will be my 48th year shooting the Grand. I know there are some out there that count only years of attendance, regardless if they shot or not. If you count it that way, this will be my 57th. Yes, I've been around this game a year or two...And I just now made it to the 27.

The word "happy" doesn't even begin to cover my feelings about making it to the 27 with the Big Boys! What a Year!

Yes, I did it with Dad’s Model 12 that started its life as a $59 field gun.

Now,--- If I only had a steady job

Mark

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Mark, what a great post! It makes me even happier for you. Shoot well at the Grand!

6. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Awesome Mark (said with just a hint of envy).

7. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

I would like to thank all those people who have called, e-mailed and left messages on this forum, congratulating me on this, in the big scheme of things, my relatively minor accomplishment.

Several people knew of my desire to be at the back line with the "Big Boys" but until last year at the Grand, the desire was pretty much a pipe dream.

HEY,.......I think it must be Karma!

I've been trying to give back to this dumb game by coaching a SCTP Trap Team and I helped run the SCTP State Trap Championships for the last couple of years and did most of the grunt work involved. My SCTP 2010 Trap Teams made a very nice showing at the State and did fairly well at the National SCTP Tournament this year at Sparta. My Rookie trap team placed 3rd in the nation last year. I am proud of them all, whatever their final score.

It is hard to tell how many of my kids and parents will stay with Trapshooting and grow the sport, but if I am able to influence just a couple to stick around for a while, it was worth the effort.

It looks like I have been drafted to become the SCTP Indiana State Trap Director for next year. Contrary to popular opinion, AIM is not the only kids Trapshooting program. When the AIM Trapshooting program split off in 2009, it did take most of the SCTP Trapshooters with them, but SCTP Trapshooting is not dead yet. Maybe, with a little effort, I can help expand SCTP Trapshooting. There are advantages and disadvantages to both programs, but enough of that for now.

Yes,.....I think it must be Karma!

Again, I would like to thank those people who have called, e-mailed and left messages. I makes me feel all that much better to know I have made several trapshooting friends in my lifetime. Two have come forward after forty years and said congratulations and do you remember.........

Humbly yours,

Mark

8. Atterburyshootin

Atterburyshootin TS Member

Way to go. We knew you could do it. Now, go to Sparta and do it again this year.
    Congrats from your SCTP Teams

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mark burgess trap shoot

trap earning 27yard pin