1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Marine Drill Instructors view

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by cubancigar2000, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pgBVrpI-4Ww&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pgBVrpI-4Ww&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object> Semper Fi Marines

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

We need more people speaking up like that!

4. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

worth watching again, especially the extra film clips

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I know R. Lee Ermey is thought of as a gunny but didn't he actually retire from the Corps as a Colonel? I always like what he has to say and particularly the way he says it.

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

The last time I saw him and talked to him He had the rank of an NCO on his hat. He goes to the Henry Sporting goods/Big Rock shows and sign autographs. I had never heard that he was actually a Colonel or I would have asked. I really liked what he had to say though. I'm an old cut and dried kind of guy and don't like to beat around the bush so He's my kind of guy. Jackie B.

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

he only achieved the rank of SSgt. if I recall correctly and was given the rank of Gunny as an honor by the USMC after he got out.

aside from FMJ, he actually starred in a bunch of other films as a secondary character.

8. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

7-99---Are you puting down SSgts?---Their pretty impt in my eyes---They get down and dirty where the action is---JMO---SJB---

9. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Sgt. Ermey was the star of the Viet Nam action flick "The Siege of Firebase Gloria" along with Wings Hauser. He did a great job playing the battle-smart sergent-major. I like to watch the shows he hosts, his style is entertaining.

10. trap junkie

trap junkie TS Member

Ermey separated with the rank of staff sargent. due to his repeated roles in movies as a marine and his series success, the Corps made him an honorary gunnery sargent. he was never an officer, he always worked for a living.

11. shootintom

shootintom TS Member

The first role I remember seeing him in was "The Boys from Company C"

Tom

12. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

A few years back I was at the Shot Show. He had the longest line of all celebrities signing that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.