1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MARINADE FOR DOVE BREASTS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yukon_870, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yukon_870

yukon_870 Member

Does anyone have a good merinade for dove breasts?

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Wrap them in old Shingles, cook over an open flame outside, when fully burnt, throw Dove away and eat old Shingle.....I don't care for Dove, much prefer the Shingle.

3. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Italian salad dressing or Mc Cormicks 15 minute marinade.PJ

4. GeezerGlide

GeezerGlide TS Member

Filet the meat off the bone, soak in water and a bit of salt over night. Lay out on a cutting board, sprinkle with pepper, or lemon pepper and garlic salt. Take large jalapeno's quarter them strip all seeds and white veins out, lay 1 Jal strip of pepper on 1/2 dove breast, wrap with a slice of bacon(1/2 slice lets them brown quicker)and grill til light brown. Lubricate throat witn cold Cervesa and enjoy. Jim

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Merinade in Italian or Kraft 3 cheese salad dressing for a few hours, wrap in bacon and stick it on the grill. Then sprinkle some Lowry's seasoning on it before the dressing gets crisp. When the bacon is done, the breast are done.

We have used BBQ sauce too, and it's good as well. Works for waterfowl and pheasant too, especially if you use maple bacon with the BBQ sauce.

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Half a bottle of olive oil, half a bottle of Worcestershire sauce, and half a bottle of Montreal Steak Seasoning.

Put breasts in a ziplok bag and marinade over night.

Get a cast iron skillet good and hot, and sear the breasts on either side, just enough to get them good and hot, but the breast meat is still dark purple.

Eat and enjoy. You'll be surprised how good they are.

7. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

You can also use Teriyaki sauce.

8. yukon_870

yukon_870 Member

Thanks everyone!

9. C23D

C23D TS Member

Make a paste of salt, parsley, and a ton of garlic mashed with a pestle and mortar. Mix paste with olive oil and rub over breast. Marinate for at least 2 hours. Grill over natural wood fire, preferably oak. For a real treat take the time to pluck the birds instead of breasting. The skin when grilled is delicious.

10. andybull

andybull Active Member

Add salt and pepper, add a Vidalia Onion slice to one side of the breast, a jalapeno slice on the other side, wrap a slice of bacon, hold everything together with a toothpick, spread Cholula Hot Sauce on everything. Cover the breasts in a glass container and cook them for about 10 minutes in the microwave, take them out and put them in the BBQ.

Andy

11. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

They're pretty tasty only if you've drank alot & are real hungry

12. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Doves are good to eat but a lot of people don't know how to cook them or like the taste of wild meat. Doves are very good cooked in a roux and served over wild rice.

13. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Soak out the breasts in salted water overnight in the fridge, remove and rinse off, use Shake-n-Bake for chichen on them, do them up on a cookie sheet in the oven. Try it you'll like it.

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I make a thick liquid mixture of brown gravy powder mix and burgundy wine in a baking bag with the filets cut into medallion size chunks and cook after setting all night..thinning the mix with condensed milk and more burgundy to taste and add slices of fresh mushroom ..simmer in oven on 325 for an hr and 15minutes with the last 15 minutes you thrown your pan of cornbread mix in with the bag...pull both out to cool a bit and then serve over egg noodles

15. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

The key with most any wild game is NOT to OVERCOOK!

Venison, Dove, Canada Goose, Duck:

Treat Like Sirloin Steak! Flavor with whatever you like. Sear in a HOT pan or Hot Barbecue until the outside has some Char/caramelization, but the inside should be RARE!

Slice thin and serve. You will be pleasantly surprised!

The first time I had venison it was overdone and I thought I didn't like venison. Then I had it grilled, rare and thought it was too rare for my taste but I tried it anyway. I was delicious! The first time I had Wild canada goose it was overdone and I almost swore off it for life! I tried it again with some olive oil, garlic, oregano grilled rare and If I hadn't shoot it myself, I'd have never known it was the same type of meat I had tried years before so unsuccessfully.

If you cook these meats until they're medium or well done, the flavor changes to that of old shoes.

If you want to see some well seasoned duck hunters watch Anthony Bourdain cook duck breast this way and they're amazed at how good it is. From the video clip, they don't show you how he cooked it but on the show he seared it in a flying pan, skin side down and you can see in the video, it's very rare.

http://youtu.be/WCAwwhEDfck

Enjoy!
    Tom

16. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

"They're pretty tasty only if you've drank alot & are real hungry."

I second Doug Browns opinion. they tase like small ducks which taste like small liver.

Do you like liver?

If you like ducks, geese and doves I bet you are a liver eater as well.

This also shows that you were born without proper working taste buds.

There is never any arguing about who takes them home. The no taste bud liver eaters take them all!

They are the guys who ask where the deer liver is as well. Jeff

17. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

If you start with something good: pheasants, quail, deer loin, blue wings, it's easy to make it tasty. All the other stuff takes work, but doves still suck.

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Jeff and Doug....You've never had it made correctly. Marinaded dove wrapped in bacon will compete with a good steak, and no it doesn't taste like liver.

It is considered a specialty around here.

Of course you could wrap a dog turd in maple bacon and make it taste good, but it is much better than a dog turd.

19. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

I don't like liver! None of the above taste anything like liver unless you don't cook it properly. If you've eaten game that tastes like liver and wasn't the liver, the person cooking it didn't know what they were doing.

20. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I hear you guys! I hate liver and most people overcook game birds and when they do they taste just like liver. I hate liver.

As for bacon wrapped turds? I will have to take your word on that one Setterman.

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best marinade for doves

how to marinate dove breast

marinade for dove breast
marinating dove breasts
milk marinade for doves