1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Marian Hossa want to sign with PENGUINS in 2010!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 700X-user, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Just Kidding!!!! Talk about Irony. He could have made more money staying in Pittsburgh and he would have had the cup this year. Funny how live goes sometimes!

Ed

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Reminds me of Edgerrin James and the Colts.

All about the cash, right guys?

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm pretty sure that when Marion left the Penguins to go to Detroit he left for less money because he thought Detroit would have a better chance for the Stanley cup. Someone may want to run this through snopes. Bulge.

4. 700X-user

700X-user Member

BarrelBulge,

That is exactly what Hossa did! As a diehard Penguin and Steeler fan, I follow Pittsbugh sports pretty close. The Tribune-Review had all the dollar figure and facts concerning what Hossa turned down to go to Detroit. Pittsburgh offered Marion a multi-year deal, he signed in Detroit for 1 year. It's players like this that remind me how much I miss sports in the old days. Remember what team loyalty meant? Remember when players played their whole career for the same team? On the flip side of things, not signing Hossa meant the penquins could sign Guerin, Kunitz, and Adams. It was a great series. The only down side is that 1 team has to lose.

Ed

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

700X-user

"That is exactly what Hossa did!"

Ed he did more than that he took a pay cut and then cut his own throat. He did nothing in the finals to make himself more marketable because he did nothing in the finals o goal.

When you make 7+ million a year (a pay cut from what he was offered) you think he might put in enough of an effort to score at least 1 goal in seven games!!!

Bob Lawless

6. letts

letts TS Member

Maybe the penguins put him there to sabotage the Red Wings.

Letts

7. w762nato

w762nato Member

That guy is poison best thing ever happenned to the Penguins. He screwed Ottawa for years before never shows up in the playoffs!

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

700, "one team has to loose". Glad it wasn't us. Bulge.

9. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Bulge,

I expected the Redwings to walk all over the Pens friday night. Games 5 and 6 were like night and day. I told the wife that it looked like Detroit lost on purpose so they could hoist Lord Stanley in the motor city. I guess I was wrong. Now I feel bad for not believing! Just more of the pains and joys of following sports teams.

Ed

10. Barrelbulge(Fl)

700, did you go to the igloo and watch on the big screen outside ? Bulge.

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Reading the injury report today on the Wings... it's a wonder they played as well as they did.

I know... no excuse.... but still, man getting wacked in the nads that required surgery? ouch !!!!!

Wings GM Holland: Playoff injuries require no more surgery

By HELENE ST. JAMES • FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER • June 13, 2009

By the time the Stanley Cup finals began, Red Wings defenseman Brian Rafalski was in such pain, he had to be careful about how to position his tender back.
    Advertisement

He was one of a handful of Wings who finished the playoffs bruised and battered. But on the good-news side, none is expected to go under the knife.

“Nobody requires any off-season surgery,” general manager Ken Holland said today. “It’s all just a matter of time and rest. They need some rest, and then they’ll be good to go in two to three weeks.

Here’s a breakdown of the injuries:

• Nicklas Lidstrom: He was speared in the testicles by Patrick Sharp during Game 3 against Chicago and underwent surgery on the area two days later. he Missed Games 4 and 5 against Chicago, then returned and played every game of the Cup finals.

• Rafalski: He ruptured a disk in his back between the first and second round but returned for Game 6 against Anaheim. “It got to the point where he could play again,” Holland said, “but if had been the regular season, he would have been out another week or two. He played through the pain of a herniated disk.”

• Kris Draper: He missed the first 10 games of the playoffs after taking a stick to the throat that tore cartilage in the neck area, Holland said. “As a precaution, we didn’t want him to get hit in the neck and have something go down the air pipe wrong.” Draper was out from Game 4 against Chicago to Game 5 against Pittsburgh because of a pulled groin.

• Pavel Datsyuk: Suffered a charley horse when he was hit along the boards and also was hit by a slap shot in his foot during Game 2 against Chicago, causing him to miss seven games. “The charley horse turned out to be more significant,” Holland said. “He never was 100% -- he didn’t have any thrust. A charley horse can be a 4-6-week injury, but he pushed through to play.”

• Dan Cleary: Played through a groin pull suffered in Game 4 against Pittsburgh. “He was very sore after Game 4, and we didn’t expect him to play in Game 5,” Holland said. “An MRI showed he had a significant groin injury, but he wanted to play.”

• Tomas Kopecky: Needed surgery after he fractured his right orbital bone following fight with Francois Beauchemin in Game 4 against Anaheim. Missed the rest of the playoffs.

Jerbear

12. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Great series! I am glad that the Penguins won. I wonder what Pittsburgh's injury report looks like? How is Sid's left knee after that shot he took Friday night?
    That did not look good.

Tim

13. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

GOOOO BLACKHAWKS!
    We'll have the cup within the next 3 years...maybe 2.
    -Trappy

14. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

No you won't.

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Be sure to thank the NHL and the refs for the game they gave Pitts. Also be thankful that Probert, Kocur or McCarty where not there to re-arrange some people for the dirty stick work by namely Maltin, Crosby and others. If it would have been anybody else they would have had suspensions but not the darlings of the NHL.

Don

16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

BIGDON I have to agree with you the series between Pitts and the Caps was a joke they weren't the top teams in the league yet the playoffs schedule while they were playing revolved around those two teams.

After the Caps exited the schedule revolved around the the Pens to bad all the teams didn't get equal treatment.

BTW Don I am just agreeing with you so it will make Milkbone happy..LOL

Bob Lawless

17. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

hornet...I'm a Cubs fan, at least give me something!
    -Trappy

18. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Trappy, you think you got it rough? I'm a Pirates fan. The truth is, the Blackhawks have a good team, but Detroit's and Pittsburgh's key players are in place for the next 3-5 years. On paper, the Stanley Cup series could be a repeat. Detroit, especially, are situated to be perennial contenders, with a great AHL farm system, and good contract signings. Hossa will be a free agent in July, but he will probably stay with the Wings.

19. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Well yeah, but you guys at least suck all the time whereas the Cubs are really good, then blow up somehow. If the Blackhawks are smart they will get rid of Khabibulan and maybe Havlat that will open up the payroll a lot. The problem is going to be in a few years when Sharp, Kane, and Toews start looking for some more money...
    -Trappy

20. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Or he's going to the blackhawks...woooo!!!!
    -Trappy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.